Question Marantz 8805 second zone/arc thingy help please

najah

I've run an hdmi from one room to the other. One end to my Marantz AVR8805 in my main room (projector, no TV) and the other end to my TV (LG 77C8) in the family room next door. I want to be able to get picture/sound from the sources in my main room (Oppo/PS4) to the LG. Projector is connected to hdmi monitor 2 as it does not need arc. Do I connect the LG hdmi to monitor 1 (with arc) or zone 2? There then seem to be million settings on the avr itself to contend with!

I would just try it normally, but my aging eyesight and the rats nest behind my racks make it very difficult to play with cables, so it would save me a lot of time to get the hdmi in the correct slot the first time.

GlennC

You should use Zone 2 for the tv if you want to be able to watch different sources on each screen.

najah

You should use Zone 2 for the tv if you want to be able to watch different sources on each screen.

Thanks. Not worried about signal to both screens at the same time, just want to be able to use whichever screen takes my fancy at any particular time. If i connect to zone 2, will i get both sound and pic to the LG?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Mines not a processor but I use my Marantz 7010s Zone 2 output just like you want to do. It works well in my experience, although if your TV only supports stereo audio then your sources will need to switch formats when used in the different rooms. My Youview box sometimes struggled with this and needed a power cycle occasionally. I've since connected via an old Denon AVR in the second room so now both zones support the same formats

You definitely don't want to be using either monitor output for your second room, without changing settings you won't get any sound

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom