1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 8200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pcookie, Aug 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Has anyone got/heard/tried a Marantz 8200 yet?
    I posted a thread about this some time ago, but that was early days for this product. I've seen it advertised for just over a grand which makes it a much more attractive proposition.

2. dragoncdcom

dragoncdcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds great, very happy with the sound; a warm, sweet sound and plenty of power, and the remote is great. one minor quibble is that you can't change the volume of each channel without going into "test" mode and listening to test tones, i had to get a remote for my subwoofer.

If you want it for 1 grand, the only authorized online dealer is ac4l.com i got mine from them, however one of the rear channels wasn't working, but they shipped it free to marantz for repair. it comes with a 1 year warranty. anywhere else besides hifi.com ($1600+) and it will have no warranty.

But the thing is all UN-authorized dealers are out of 8200's. They didnt have any 2 months ago when I asked, and they don't have any now.