1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 7500 vs Yamaha 2500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by allanrose, Apr 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on paper, these look cracking amps and available from Germany and about £500 seems to be the going rate :D

to be paired up with KEF KHT 5005 for sky, VHS & DVD only - not interested in CD side of things

looking for lip-sync, video up-conversion, auto sound set-up; beyond that zero interest in DSP modes, receiver etc etc - just a great sound in 5.1 only

anyway - to my point; has anyone compared these two side-by-side? - I don't want to **** about a dealer (morality :lesson: ) when it's my intent to buy on-line (Before this I used Barclaycard's price-promise - you could buy from your local dealer and then claim back the difference if you could buy cheaper (including on-line) from Barclaycard - but they stopped the service earlier this year (b**t*rds!) :mad: )

thanks in advance!

2. Rogers

Rogers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    i have not listen to the two amps side by side, so i can't give you the marantz side of the story.
    however i do love the sounds of the yamaha. they are precise and natural. i was looking for an amp which i can use to listen to music for an extended period of time without fatiguing my sense of hearing. the yamaha is very natural sounding, almost sweet in a sense.
    am told the marantz is somewhat warmer in nature.
    the yamaha is also a brute when it comes to movie performance. it really takes control of sound and steers it with finese. it never ceases to amaze me.
    perhaps those who have compared the two can give you a much better picture.
    i bought the yamaha after alot of research rather than actually listening to it. these forums were such a great help in my decision which am very happy with. if you dig deeper in the forum using the search feature, you should be able to source a wealth of info on the two amps.
    cheers and good luck.

3. Rogers

Rogers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Oh and by the way the yamaha has got the features that you are looking for (i.e lip-sync, video up-conversion, auto sound set-up) and much more including the lovely GUI which is fantastic to use and just looks lovely!

4. zoro

zoro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How about waiting for upcoming Yamaha 4600