Marantz 7500/8500

MS-Yam

Ex Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me when these receivers are due to be released and how much they will cost?

Tons of fun, I read you are going for the 8500. Can you tell me the differences between the two?

Also, have you heard them in action? What are your thoughts?? As good as Pioneer, Denon etc?

I don't think anybody in this country has heard them yet. The release is scheduled for the very end of 2004/ early 2005. The 8500 is a grand with the 7500 about £700. Both are THX select but the 8500 has more power and a 2 in 1 out DVI switch.

hmm more expensive than i thought they would be. They do look like killer amps though, can't really justify upgrading from a 7400 just yet though :)

I'm waiting for the next generation before I even think of upgrading the amp. The SR7400 is serving me very well right now :D especially with the addition of the new Quads :D

If only you knew, back in November... :)

I'm probably sending my black 7400 back and getting a silver 7500 instead...and it all started with your thread "the 7500 is here".

This is as shallow as it gets, but guess what...who cares! :)

_Cal_ said:
If only you knew, back in November... :)

I'm probably sending my black 7400 back and getting a silver 7500 instead...and it all started with your thread "the 7500 is here".

This is as shallow as it gets, but guess what...who cares! :)

LOL! :) Back then I had no idea I'd do this move :).

I will say I don't regret it though :D The SR7500 is lovely, I was listening to the Evanescence album last night, I've never heard it sound so good before!!

Great Amp the SR7500, and with the biamping feature, it may be that I might not need a power amp for a long while :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom