Marantz 7400 + Mordaunt Short Prem Plus

RumbleBee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my Pioneer HC-51 Package to the following

Marantz 7400 - £500.00
Mordaunt-Short Avant Premiere Plus - £500.00

I've read some reviews on the 7400 and it seems ideal for what I'm after. I already have Gale XL Hyperlitz cable in place, so this will just be an AV and Speaker swap. The 7.1 does appeal, but I've not got the room for more than 5.1 at the moment.

Please can you advise if this speakers are a good match for the Marantz, as one thing that confuses me is that the speakers are @ 4-8 Ohms and the AV is @ 8 ohms. I presume this will match, but like I say I'm a little unsure

Also if anyone can recommend any other speakers (in the UK) no more than £500 that would be a better match I'd be gratefull.

Thanks,
Andy

why don't u go for the Mordaunt Short 940 floorstanders (£200) and the MS905C centre (£119), you can, spend the rest (plus a little extra) on a sub and use your current speakers as surrounds until the budget allows for new ones.

I don't know how the premiere plus package will suit the 7400, best person to answer that is Tons Of Fun, and I'm sure he will be along soon to advise :)

The SR7400 is a great amp though, and I'm VERY happy with mine at the moment :D

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
I can get some stands for a reasonable price, so I'm wondering how the 904's compare to the 302's. The power is the same, but the price is less than half the 904's.

Also can you recommend a sub with that suggestion of yours and also, is it a good idea to have those 904's for the rear (if I was to go ver budget)

One again, Thanks.
Andy

Indeed, that is a good deal to go for, £299 for the package and then £230 for the sub, that would be a great match for the SR7400.

You should be able to get the SR7400 for less than £500, I think www.unbeatable.co.uk are selling it for £480, a considerable saving over the £699 rrp!!

Originally posted by Kazman
Indeed, that is a good deal to go for, £299 for the package and then £230 for the sub, that would be a great match for the SR7400.

£299 for the package includes the £230 sub - uber bargain heh!

That is an absolute BARGAIN!!!!!!!

I didnt realise the MS309 comes with the premiere plus package!!!!! Phenomenal value for money in that case, heck, I feel like ordering one just for the hell of it, LOL! :D

RumbleBee, that would be all you need mate, the Marantz SR7400 and the Premiere Plus package with the MS309 sub included, that is such a bargain it is unbelievable, I am still gobsmacked!!!!!

It would even leave room in the budget to upgrade the two fronts mate, to make the most of the musical abilities of the SR7400, with such bargain prices, even the very underrated Mordaunt Short MS914's will be within reach :D

Just so we're clear. The Peter Tyson deal is a stonker but please remember;
This is for the older type satellite which to be fair is not vastly different from the current Avant one
The new Prem+ pack is £499.95 not £649.95 as it used to be.

Once again thanks for the replies.
That price is excellent, however I'm not looking to buy for another 5 weeks or so. Will keep an eye on the site though

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom