1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 7200 - bi-wire question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Joe Pineapples, Feb 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    Just helping my brother setup his new 7200 A/V amp

This could get a little confusing (well, it has me confused at least :-/), but i'll try and explain as best i can. He has one pair of front speakers, which we have bi-wired at the rear of said speakers.

Looking at the connections on the rear of the 7200, there are actually 2 sets of front speaker terminals - 'A' set has 2 red & 2 black, as does 'B' set. It doesent actually say in the manual if the 'B' set are for bi-wire purposes - ie sharing out the connections for one set of speakers, so that on one speaker, the wire with the same polarity does not have to be spliced together through lack of terminals.

I cant imagine what else the extra set of terminals would be for (why connect another pair of front speakers?), but if any 7200 owners out there have a clue on this, i would really appreciate the asistance.

cheers

dean

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Second set of terminals are meant for second stereo pair in different room or even in same room if different pair is being used for music.

You can still use the second set for biwiring as long as there is the facility to have both pairs on at the same time.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    thanks for the info m8. i'll have another look at the manual today and try to see if both pairs ARE outputted to at the same time. It would sure beat trying to wrap 2 wires into 1 banana plug - this QED silver series is pretty thick :-/

cheers

dean