Marantz 7015 vs 8012?

Lafty

Looking for a bit of advice. For about £1300 I can get an SR7015 or an SR8012 - which should I go for? My viewing room is 5m x 5.5m, although the "rear" of the room (where the sofa is) is actually completely open into a kitchen-diner that's about 8m x 5.5m. The amp will need to do surround sound and music duties (the music needing to reach right across the whole space into the K/D - so effectively filling about 13m x 5.5m). Image is from an Amazon Firestick and through a projector - currently HD1080 but possibly upgrade to 4K at some point. My set up is 5.1 and I don't see that changing in the future - I currently have MA Bronze BX6 as fronts, with accompanying centre, and Q Acoustics QAVs as rears (although I will probably upgrade to something like the MA Bronze FX at some point). Any advice gratefully received. Thanks folks. (PS: I'm going with Marantz for two reasons: they seem to get better rated for musicality + I currently have a Denon and want to try something different - I'm open to advice about other brands at this price point though - new or second hand).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom