Marantz 7013/NAD C275 hum ... solved (but not optimal)

DECKARD71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Marantz 7013 AVR and I changed the Emotiva A300 power amp by a NAD C275 yesterday. If I connect the AVR to the NAD amp via 12v trigger I get a strong hum, even with the Marantz in stand-by. I have tried different 12v mono trigger cables and even 1 stereo cable, and the hum remains with all of them. I have connected a gauge cable between them to ground them, no luck. I have tried different power outlets, no luck. With the Emotiva I did not have any hum at all

What has worked for me is to connect the trigger-out of the Marantz to the trigger-in of the Oppo, and then connect the trigger-out of the Oppo to the trigger-in of the NAD. It works! no hum. My concern is that every time I want to use the Marantz/Nad combo I need to involve the Oppo, which is not very efficient and I do not want the Oppo to be switched on unnecessarily.

So:

- Any ideas of what was causing the hum between the Marantz and the NAD (this did not happen with the Emo amp)?
- Do you think of any other device with trigger in/out that I can use as a "bridge" between the Marantz and the NAD, instead of the Oppo?

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom