Question Marantz 7010 or Pioneer SC LX59

vader100

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Gents/Ladies,

Marantz 7010 or Pioneer SC LX59?

I'm hoping to audition these two AVRs but would be glad to take on some thoughts or advice. I'm looking to upgrade to Atmos, running initially 5.1.2 but with scope to go to 5.1.4 and have narrowed my shortlist down to these two. Both have comparable prices. I'll be running it with MA Silver RX 5.1 and probably XTZ S2 or KEF R50 upfirers for Atmos.

I'll be looking to buy later in the year (bonus from work) but any thoughts appreciated.

Anyone?

Maybe I need to emulate Roku2....my wife will only let me buy one of these, which is the most christmassy? :)

If you are still in the market the Pioneer SC-LX59 is available for £799 at Richer Sounds (VIP club price) so may sway your decision.

Ironically in the end I went for the Denon X6200 as it dropped into my affordability bracket at Peter Tyson.

I am looking at these two recievers and can't make my mind up, it's not possible for me to audiction , as I live in Ireland (West off) and there are no stores.
My system at the moment is , Onkyo 906 AE agios 3 running 7.1, so I am well overy due a upgrade , I may upgrade the speakers in a years time, The M A silver is on my short list.
All help appreciated

This may come too late and whilst I've never owned a Marantz, I currently have owned an LX59 for a couple of weeks in conjunction MA silver 7.1 and to date its the best Ive owned by quite a margin, Ive demoed amps before and struggled to tell the difference and even owned an LX 52 in the past but the LX 59 is very , very good and at current prices is a steal !

I looked a the lx 59 , but was not sure, the only review I could find was what hi-fi, and I don't rate their reviews .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom