Marantz 6300 or 7300??

A

Audio101

Hi

I ordered the Marantz 7300 but it wont be coming in till November according to unbeatable. It got me thinking whether I should go for the 6300 which is in stock or not. I got a Cht15 on order with uncle Eric coming soon and I wanted a good amp to run it on as currently I have only prologic : (

What do you guys think? How about the Denon 3802? Or should I wait patiently ...

Thanks

I too am waiting for the 7300 (on order @ QED) although I'm tempted to cancel and go for the Denon 3803....

The 7300 has an awesome spec. (and I suspect it will sound better than a 3802 / 3803 and this is from a 3801 owner), BUT AFAIK the 7300 doesn't have a master audio delay feature, and as I'm planning to go PAL Progressive with either a Plasma or Projector soon, I'm a little worried about potential lip sync issues.

I'm tempted to wait. How does the 6300 compare to the 7300?

Marantz is my first choice over the denon because when I demoed the amps, the Denon sounded harsh with b&w speakers which I have. The Marantz smoother on the ears. I dont know how the 3803 will sound.

Am I right in saying that the Denon 3802/3803 has 7 channels of amplification whereas the Marantz only has 6?

yes, the Marantz only has 6 channels - I'm not really bothered about this as there are no 7.1 formats anyway, so a 7 channel is just a duplicate of the 6th as far as surround formats are concerned.

I guess if you can re-assign the 6 and 7th channel on the Denon for multi-room stuff, this could be useful?

Thanks for the quick reply. If I go for the Marantz, would I have to use a single rear centre speaker, or could I hook up a pair?

I guess you should really use a single speaker, but theres nothing stopping you driving two rear speakers out of one output by splitting it.

BTW I use a single rear speaker on my Denon 3801 even though its capable of driving two - but again as there is no 7.1 format (unless you count DSP jiggery pokery) I don't really see the point.....

I've got a pair of Mission bipolars on the side walls at the moment and I was thinking of getting another pair for the 6th channel on the rear wall. I've got a door right in the middle of the back wall without enough room above the door to put a speaker, so one on either side of it would be the only alternative. I guess I'll probably have to go for the Denon after all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom