1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 6200 query

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Pete Callan, Aug 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Pete Callan

Pete Callan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying but failing to set-up this amp. My knowledge in these matters is very basic as this is the first amp I have ever had.

I am actually stuck on page 1, ie. how to get the on-screen display on to the TV. Can anyone help. BTW, I have a lead going from the amp to the cable set box, not directly to the TV. Could this make a difference?

Thanks

2. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    As far as I know, YES! (although if there is another way other than the one I'm about to tell you smeone will prob say).

I have just got the 5200 and it connects to my tv the same way my very old Yammy did. You need to connect from the monitor out directly in to the tv. I have an rca/phono to scart lead that I use. You may be able to connect it to a video's aux input but not sure. Also, my old Yammy wouldnt display on-screen graphics through svhs either, only scart. Not sure about the Marantz though.

Hope that kinda helps!

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    OSD lead should go from amp to TV. If is only to be used occasionaly, use a phono to phono lead from amp to the front input on the TV.

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Been there, done that! Had the same problem with my telly. Couldn't get OSD up. Telly eventually faulty. Used another again this weekend (after taking amp into store to use their projector the week before) and it worked fine as Ian says above. You may also have to press "a button" on the telly remote to envoke the OSD too.

5. nc30andy

nc30andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Marantz will display the OSD through s-video.
    ...Andy