rgl201

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a 6015 with a 7.1.4 set up. I have a stereo amp for the front right and left driven via the pre-amp out to the separate amp. I also have a center pre-amp out to a separate center amp. I’m using 8 of the 9 amps to drive the left and right surround, two rear surrounds, and four over head speakers. I also have a powered subwoofer driven via the sub pre-amp out. I can hear all 11 speakers, and the subwoofer, so I know all the speakers are wired properly. I have a 77” LG TV. I’m not using the speaker in the TV (or I should say, I don’t want to use it as I have my own surround set up). I connected my firetv to the GAME HDMI input to the receiver. I connected my Apple TV to the Media Player HDMI input on the receiver. I have a single HDMI wire from the TV to the receiver. On the TV there are several HDMI inputs. On the Mirantz there are several HDMI outputs. I don’t think I want to use ARC as I read it doesn’t pass Dolby Atmos. Which HDMI output from the receiver should I use, and which HDMI input on the TV should I use to ensure I’m passing Atmos via the receiver to the 7.1.4 speaker setup? I believe I don’t want ARC at all. But the receiver set up asks me how I’m connecting the audio from the receiver to the TV—there is no option for “none”. And I’m confused by the set up as it prompts me for an ARC set up which I don’t want or need. Can you help with the above?

You only have three HDMI outputs on the Marantz. You need to connect to the TV from the HDMI marked 'ARC/eARC'. If your TV is a new model then that too will have eARC ability and you should connect to that HDMI port. If your TV is an older model then it may only have basic ARC and that is the standard that will be used.

If you have all your external audio sources connected to the Marantz by HDMI then they will be able to pass all HD audio. If you stream from your TV then all that is needed is a basic HDMI ARC connection, eARC obviously better, and this is capable of passing the audio from the TV and any streaming services that you use on the TV. The maximum audio from streaming services is Dolby Digital Plus and any associated Atmos data.

Upvote 0
This is your HDMI connection to the TV. Select 'Yes' for both.

Connecting a TV​

Connect a TV to this unit so that the input video is output to the TV. You can also enjoy audio from the TV on this unit.
How to connect a TV depends on the connectors and functions equipped on the TV.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) / eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) function plays TV audio on this unit by sending the TV audio signal to this unit via HDMI cable.
Pict TV yes no-2

Connection 1 : TV equipped with an HDMI connector and compatible with the ARC (Audio Return Channel) / eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
Connection 2 : TV equipped with an HDMI connector and incompatible with the ARC (Audio Return Channel) / eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
Connection 3 : TV equipped without an HDMI connector

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom