marantz 5400 dvd .

abnett26247

Ex Member
Reaction score
Does any one know any if this is worth buying having tried it or better still have one,? my local sevenoaks hi fi said this morning they wont be stocking it so i cant get to dem it other local kent dealers seem to think it has been deleated due to lack of sales /interest ,any info please.I had a 4300 that was a no no imho but wanted to try and see if marantz have improved? S Hfi mentioned they dont stock marantz dvd players and receivers but can order them if you must have one the sales guy said, so is there a problem now they are a part of the denon group ?,seems phillips no longer are the owners, or are marantz denons with a marantz badge ?.is that why they seem to be unpopular or scarce?. :laugh: :: :clap: :smashin:

abnett26247 said:
Does any one know any if this is worth buying having tried it or better still have one,? my local sevenoaks hi fi said this morning they wont be stocking it so i cant get to dem it other local kent dealers seem to think it has been deleated due to lack of sales /interest ,any info please.I had a 4300 that was a no no imho but wanted to try and see if marantz have improved? S Hfi mentioned they dont stock marantz dvd players and receivers but can order them if you must have one the sales guy said, so is there a problem now they are a part of the denon group ?,seems phillips no longer are the owners, or are marantz denons with a marantz badge ?.is that why they seem to be unpopular or scarce?. :laugh: :: :clap: :smashin:

I cant believe i've just read this!

In my thread regarding the 4(5)00, you totally slated Marantz for their hateful DVD players... and here, I read that you're actually wanting to demo one?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes im so stunned that no one knows about /why the marantz dvd s are so rare and if they were as bad as my old 4300 at the same time .rgrds :)

abnett26247 said:
Yes im so stunned that no one knows about /why the marantz dvd s are so rare and if they were as bad as my old 4300 at the same time .rgrds :)
so you want to demo it, purely to compare it against your old machine?... with no intention to buy it no matter how it performs? :confused:

Mod Comment

Enough please guys - if you can't help eachother out maybe you should refrain from posting in eachothers threads.

Kelvin.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom