Quantcast

Marantz 5300 & DPLII question

Neiliboy

Standard Member
Hiya,

I have my sky+ linked to my amp via optical. Whenever i watch something through this in DPLII the rear speaker are not flagged on the little 'picture' thing on the display? I only have the front 2 speakers.

I've set the sky+ box to output optical. Theres not much i can do with the amp i suppose except assign an input.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal please?

Many thanks

Neil

TheSeer

Novice Member
I have a Sr7400 and when using DPLIIx with a stereo source, the little control panel display also only displays the front two speaker icons. However, there is definitely sound coming from all 7 speakers.

So, I wouldn't worry about it, if I was you !! As long as PLII is actually working with your Sky feed, why worry?

I think the control panel display only indicates what the source signal is (ie stereo, Dolby 5.1, dolby EX, etc). It doesn't indicate how many speakers are being used.

Rgds

pwiles1968

Novice Member
You need to look at the sky guide to see which movies are being transmitted in 5.1 and try one of these there are only a few, all other programs are in stereo, therefore only two indicators. To be honest you will not notice too much difference between a 5.1 signal from sky and a 2 Ch signal decoded with PLII or Neo6 IMO of course.;)

Top Bottom