1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 5200.. Still waiting!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by martian1, Feb 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    I am begining to get a little fed up... Ordered this amp start of january and was told they would be in stock 2nd wk in Feb, now its March. Anyone else having problems?
    I am considering switching to a Denon but the extra £200 seems a lot for almost the same speck.. Any advice appreciated.:confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who did you order from?

-TF

3. mikenruth

mikenruth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 5200's a great amp, and worth waiting for.

Believe it or not, the owner of the shop I work at (selling these, and the Denon alternatives) comes from Sunderland !!

I've had some stock over the last couple of months (both colours), but I think this is mainly due to us having a large number on order. My only advice is to try the bigger national dealers who carry a wide range of Marantz products, as they seem keen to supply those who order lots :)

4. justy101

justy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've ordered a 5200 as well and I'm still wailting. :(

But i don't think the situation is any better with the denon's

5. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    All depends on where you`ve got yours on order. Any dealer (i.e QED-uk.com) who are advertising exceptionally low prices are advertising non-existant stock. We`ve been getting deliveries of all the SR range every three weeks, and although we`re not getting what we`ve got on backorder, we are getting 3`s and 5`s of each model regually to maintain stock. For example, at this very moment in time got all the range in all colours, with the exception of gold SR4200s, black only.

As for Denon, well, from my point of view they are no better! Stopped stocking denon after the fiasco with the old 1601/1801 stock problems. If anything, Denon are worse for stock, but you might be lucky with Denon stock at the minute due to the Marantz amps being so popular (another reason why marantz is having problems with stock, they are not used to such demand on AV!).

Justin

www.homecinemaheaven.com

6. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

I have also been waiting a month, I have been promised the end of feb, wish me luck I am about to call them to see if it has come into stock.

I did manage to get this amp at £305 thou, which is a consolation.

7. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    marantz sr5200 " in stock " at
    www.homecinemaheaven.com
    355 quid , at present ! i paid 305 for min from
    hifi junkies,delivered in less than 24 hours,i guess i got in before it got product of the month in what hifi,
    all i can say is hang on lads Its worth the wait,

8. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Well it seems a lot of people in the same boat, i ordered mine from Global hifi [Newcastle]. This is usually a good retailer dealing mainly in home cinama gear.
    I will ring them back in morning, think its another 2 wks wait ! The guy at store said Marantz rep was getting sick of being pestered about it....:mad: :mad:

9. JOHN S

JOHN S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I ordered my marantz 5200 end of jan through Hi Fi Junkies @ £305 and still waiting - spoke to Jason Moran today sales at the above and he said Marantz have told him 1 to 2 weeks
    I initially ordered Denon 1802 from Superfi and was told 4-6 weeks so went for the Marantz but it looks like it will be that long anyway
    Anyone go to the show at Bristol on the weekend ?

John

10. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

I also spoke to Jason, and guess what he also told me 1/2 week delivery.

One question which he has not got back to me about is, whether the SR5200 support DTS-ES etc, I have read in WHAT HIFI (MAR) it does not, I wanted to here what marantz would say so I asked Jason to call them, this was 1.5 weeks ago.

I really hope they don't turn round and say they cannot supply me the sr5200.

I'll keep you updated.

11. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Well i have been told by store another wk, thing is i have found one in stock locally they cannot give me the exact deal.
    £125 part ex on my old pioneer and £260 cash, this is £15 more than other store but i think i might cancel and go for it.. any thoughts!

12. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its only £15 and youll be up and running a s a p with a big grin on your chops Go for it !!:) :) :) :) :)
    Means one less dvd for you at the moment:confused:

13. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Ratmark is it a doddle to set up and do i have to set up with OSD i have never used this before and do not want another big cable trailing to my tv [the back of my present HiFi unit already has 3 big scart leads fighting for space with all the other cables].
    Could i set up using my s-vid to scart then unplug and re-plug lead back into my dvd, or does it have to be conected all the time.

14. leeejordan

leeejordan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) i walked into seven oaks in peterborough for my 5200 and i was not disapointed .
    they had many in stock may be worth giving them a call.

the 5200 is worth hanging around for.

15. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    martin e
    The marantz is not hard to set up and yes you need to connect it to your tv,mine via a phono lead into the place youd connect the output from a camcorder to watch it on your tv,You only need it when you set up initially,i then you can disconnect it you may have to buy a cheap lrge lenght phono if you a/v rack stand is too far away from your tv! it lets you set the
    Speaker sizes
    What speakers you have connected ie sub or rear center etc
    Adjust the volume of each speaker as in a normal set up
    and also the distance each speaker is from you, this auto adjusts any time delays for you
    I have to say the manual is pretty poor mind so is the one for my marantz dvd,

16. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Read the manual first like I didn't. It is easy to set up but you have to save all of the settings that you input otherwise they will revert to the factory settings as soon as you exit.

If you have a phono lead lying around connect it to the monitor out socket on the amp and to the front composite video socket on the TV for set up.

If you haven't got one disconnect the VCR or Digibox and use that one

17. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Well i should be picking it up saturday:D
    I phoned Global and manager said i could have my deposit back but to let him know if i manage to get it before they get them in stock, he thought i am wasting my time. I will call in to pick my deposit up with amp under my arm
    :devil:
    He also said Marantz had now put the price up and this model in gold was now £450, they cost more to make and they didnt think the gold woud be as popular Hence the increase.
    He did say he would honour the original price but i said i would do him a favour and go elsewhere:D
    Now... how do you save your settings when you have adjusted speaker levels etc?

18. romored5

romored5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been waiting since the start of the year for my Gold 5200 from ED

I'm not very happy as they take your money straight away !

anyone else waiting from ED ?

19. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    orderd mine originally from ed , a bunch of ******s they took my money delivered a damged wrong product! so i cancelled my order after voicing my opinions on being charged for a product they did not have in stock and werent sure when they were going to get them and i still havnt got my money back 5 weeks later my creidt card compny has now had to be involved to dispute payment and get me a credit on my account
    go elsewher try hifi junkies;)

20. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    I have read previous threads about marantz amps having problems with DTS sound drop out any problems anyone...

21. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been waiting on my gold 5200 from QED-uk since January. I managed to order it for 305 quid, so I've been hanging on. According to an update from Marantz, stocks should start arriving next week...

Graham

22. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I put an order in with QED last week as they told me that they were expecting a delivery of at least the SR6200's on Monday and I should expect delivery Tues-Wed. I hope they're right - YIPPEE!!

23. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Let me know when you get your 6200 as i am also interested in buying from qed-uk.com.

24. Tuco

Tuco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    That is good news, i'd almost given up hope of getting mine from QED.

25. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Ive got it:D
    My gold version had been in stock since oct last year, i think people try to avoid sevenoaks as it is difficuilt to get a discounted price [£400]. I think i have been lucky as the other local store forced them to try and price match, my deal was.... Trade in 3yr old Pioneer 808 for £125 off the price of 5200, they would not drop the price to £369 so i told them i was not bothering. Sevenaoks phoned back and said they would reduce it to £385 and give me the same trade in [£15 difference].
    I ended up paying £260 pluss trade in.
    I can tell you first impressions are fantastic, it really is a quality amp compared to my old Pioneer, sounds brill with Movies and music, so much so my wife asked when i had bought "new" cd i had on as she thought is sounded great. I have played this particular cd many times in the 4yrs i have owned it :D :D
    Hope they are in stock soon for you guys.

26. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

Has anybody spoken to Hifi Junkies in past few days, I have been trying to call them about my 5200 for two days now,each time I get the answer machine.

I hope they hav'nt done one on us?

27. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a separate order from them on Saturday, so I guess they are still around (!)

28. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not YIPPEE!!
    The so & so's messed up - I've just called them to see whether thay had received new stock as I had been told. Nope!! I'll keep with them for a while as its a great price BUT I just wish that when a salesperson says a particular day then it would actually arrive on that day!! :mad:

29. Tuco

Tuco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Same here scarfie, called them this morning, & they don't know when they're getting stock. Marantz on the the other hand, still say mid march at the earliest, & seeing as the price has gone up there's fat chance of getting one any cheaper, so i'm waiting.

30. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    AT LAST

I got through, the gods must be slacking, I think the situation is the same for the rest of the country, marantz are struggling to supply this popular product.

I have to sit tight till mid march.

They are still going to honour the price of £305.00 thou, which is a bonus.