1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 5200 remote question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tim Ingman, Jul 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Tim Ingman

Tim Ingman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't get any response from "Remote" forum, so reposting here, if that's alright.........

How can I program my Marantz 5200 remote NOT to control my Philips TV. It annoys me that when I want to change my amp to TV input, the TV switches from Sky to terrestial signal (ie changes channel). I have tried entering a different code (eg for a Sony TV) but it doesn't work. Will it work if I take the remote to a friend's house, or does the amp have to be present?

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Are you talking about the Remote that goes with the SR5200 or the RC5200i?

3. Tim Ingman

Tim Ingman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The standard remote that comes with the 5200.....

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    And I take it double clicking the TV button to switch to TV on amp is whats triggering the TV change. If thats the case it sounds like your lumbered as that will be an amp signal that triggers the TV not a code that is sent out because you have set up the remote for a phillips. I dont think there is anyother way tp switch the source (without getting off the sofa).

You dont have to be near the amp when programming the remote and the remote tells you wether or not its been successful by double flashing the red light. Pressing the source buttons doesnt send a signal to the source device it simply tells the amp that if another press of that button comes in the next 2 seconds to change to that source or if another one doesnt come then it tells the remote to start sending signals that relate to that source device.