1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz 4300 vs yamaha 440

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by 7 of 9, Jul 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone

soundwise which is better marantz 4300 or yamaha 440.

i will be using it for cds, tv, games, dvds and games.

and i will be using them it with a toshiba 220 dvd player and two pairs of mordount short 10i speakers and a mordount short 10 center, and i am thinking about upgrading to the mission m70 sub/sat speaker package.

at the moment i am using a marantz 4200 home cinema receiver.

thanks for all info from 7of 9

2. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I did a kind of research about something similar (Yam 630 against Marantz 4300 and 5300), and found out that the main opinions are:
    Marantz better in stereo
    Yamaha better for movies
    Harman-Kardon (a model in that price range) balanced for both.

I took a Yam 530 and I am very satisfied. i know that the 540 and 440 have better specs (6.1 discrete, for example) than the previous series. I think you cannot be disappointed by any of them. If stereo music is more important for you, go for Marantz. If you prefer to enhance the movie experience, go for Yamaha. I'd had gone for the Marantz, but didn't find it in Germany for the price I could spend... I got my Yam 530 for 350 euro in November last year!

If you liked the sound of the MArantz you have, just upgrade the model. I have seen here that this is a rule of thumb (if this is the right english expression...).

3. Nixon

Nixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, im having the EXACT same dilemea. The only thing that I have to considor is the connections. I have a nicam compatible TV, playstation 2 and a PC with Digital Audio connections (PDIF something along those lines). I want to beable to put all these into my amplifier, at the moment I am leaning towards the maranzt but the yamaha seems to have more connections such as S-Video. Any Help??

Thanks. Jack