1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz 4300 and sp 4805 pal progressive scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by p5yco, Jul 19, 2005.

1. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if i were to connect the screenplay 4805 up via component video to the marantz 4300 dvd player, will the output image be pal progressive scan? i believe the 4300 is only ntsc, but was wondering whether the 4805 has its own pal progressive scan feature? thank you for any help

2. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think I'm right in saying that the 4805 along with most/all other dlp/lcd projectors can only display a progressive image. If your DVD is capable and set to output a progressive image then the 4805 will simply output the progressive signal as it receives it. However, if the 4805 is fed with a non-progressive signal, then its own internal processor will convert it.

My experience, and this is talking generally, is that most progressive DVD players under £500 can't compete with the onboard processing cabability of the 4805. I have an Arcam DV89 (which was a £1k player), which I believe to be slightly better at it than the 4805, but there's not much in it.

HTH

3. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    that clears it up, thanks.