1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 4200,Sky Digital and Clipping

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by johnski, Mar 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. johnski

johnski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my marantz 4200,M72 Cinema package and have been setting it up over the last couple of nights.
    Noticed when trying some sky digital channels,particularly the music channels,i was getting severe clipping.Did some investigation and the cutover point seemed to be -42db.Phoned Marantz and the technical said that he experiences the same with his 6200 and to fix it enter the sky services menu,select the sound settings and turn down the volume way down,as having the volume way up gives a gain on the 4200,hence the clipping.

Is the opinion of technical people on the forum(which i am not one) that this was the correct solution.

If it is then its something for everybody that waiting for their marantz to turn up to bear in mind.

Cheers

johnski

2. mhgoldman

mhgoldman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the same problem with a Yamaha DSP-AX620, 5 speakers and Telewest cable tv box. I have no problems with DVD or CD playing. Reducing the volume setting from the cable box does help but does not remove it completely. Telewest's only suggestion was to get a SCART cable whose output could be split between the amp and the tv. However, taking the audio out from the TV should be equivalent to getting a special cable made up.

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had a similar ptroblem with TV to Amp (5200). Turned out to be sound from TV phono outs are controlled via headphone volume in menu. Turned down this volume to about 10% and problem solved no sound clipping! so it sounds credible what they are telling you