Marantz 4100OSE; can it output RGB via SCART

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ianw2, Mar 18, 2002.

1. ianw2

ianw2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking of buying this player.

The Marantz tech specs imply that it can output DVD to RGB via the SCART.
    However, when the player was demoed to me in a shop, they were unable to configure RGB on the output SCART. They were adamant that the player could not output RGB despite what the tech spec said.

Can anyone confirm that you can configure DVD output via RGB on the SCART with this player. If yes, how do you do it, is it a switch on the back panel or configurable via the menu.

ian.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine does no probs

just do it thru the on screen menus

Top player btw

cd playback is as good as most cd players i ve heard

and top quality picture too

only pain is the multi region hack has to be done from a all in one or similar remote

good excuse to buy one like the all in one 6 urc 7562 excellent and only £29

I can FULLY control all my kit (DVD TV DIGIBOX VCR AV AMP) and it even does macros (loads of steps) so with one button press it turns on tv dvd amp and turn to right amp channel and plays dvd !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tal

3. ianw2

ianw2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tal,

Thanks for the reply. I thought it unlikey that a player at this price would not do RGB.

I'm not familiar with the menu system. I'm going back the the shop tomorrow, I guess I'll have to set up the player myself ! Can you specify exactly where in the menu system I can set RGB output.

Many thanks, Ian.