Marantz 3100 OSE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by szd, May 15, 2001.

1. szd

szd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Purchased a Marantz 3100 OSE and Yamaha DSP E800 to replace my knackered SONY 525 and Yamaha DSP E492....

The Marantz is a little bit better than the Sony for pictures but for sound DD and DTS it so much better, and the CD performance is leagues ahead of the SONY, probably just as good as my old Marantz CD63 OSE CD Player. Its multi region through a remote hack. I can thoroughly recommend it!!!!

and I can't recommend the Yamaha highly enough...

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got the Marantz from Richersounds about 2 months ago.....i havent had anything really to compare it with, but it is a very nice player! One question, mine was multi region....being richer sounds that means region free....does anyone have any idea of this will play RCE titles??? they told me it would but i would prefer evidence before i spend money!! thank you!

3. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I've got the 4100, the model up from that and it is fabulous. Sound replay especially is fantastic.

4. bark

bark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ye my 4100 is still going great and I have yet to have any problems.
    T-Force, have you tried RCE titles on yours yet? Also, I have no hacks for it (they forgot to give them to me in the shop and I haven't been back since). I know it plays multi-region at the moment but would prefer to be able to select them individually just in case!! Do you have them handy?

Also, I can't find any reviews of it. Are we the only people in the whole world with them?

later,

bark

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine is region free autoselecting whatever you want to call it, no hacks needed. The only thing is that it might then not play RCE, if anyone tries this machine with and RCE disc, let us know please!

thanks

Adam

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just got Hollow Man region 1 this morning. I was iunder the impression that it is an RCE title, but cant find any evidence on the box. If it is RCE, then the marantz has no probems with this particular problem because the disc plays fin!

Adam