• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz 2285, NO FM...

Badlad32

Novice Member
I apologize if this question has been resolved on another thread, but I couldn't.

I have a marantz 2285 receiver in dire need of restoration, as they can be pretty valuable. Being the (non-b) model, it's pretty rare. It currently has no fm audio coming from the speakers, (yes they are working speakers). Am, auxiliary, phono and all that work fine, but switching to fm causes the speakers to kind of "silently convulse" in and out randomly, but no static or audio. Pots and switches have all been cleaned using contact cleaner followed by a light spritz of deoxit for lasting lubrication. That cleared any cracking or hissing, but did not fix the fm. I hooked an antenna to it, and still the same result. Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom