MARANTZ 2020 OWNERS THREAD

I´m just about to upgrade my H/K AVR370 and it looks like Marantz SR7015/13 is the one for me.

My question is about the difference between the two receivers. The price for a new SR7015 here in Sweden is about $2000. The option is to buy a used SR7013 in mint condition for $1000. Is it really worth $1000 more fore the 7015 in comparison?

Bit of a strange question this but what volume are you guys using for normal to reference volume i.e. what is the display on the Marantz saying during your normal viewing?

The reason I ask is that my SR7015 seems very low in volume compared to my previous Onkyo TX-NR646. I'm only running a 3.1 setup but I seem to have the volume permanently on at around 50 (the scale 0 - 98), it's fine at this volume but I'm just surprised how far I need to crank it up. For movies I'm often using volume 60-70. Anything aside from music below 40 is very quiet.

I know there are lots of things that can affect volume but I've been through every setting in the menu, eco mode is off and I'm pretty sure Audyssey has everything set correctly after I'd done the usual crossover tweaks.
Hi, I had the SR7015 and I experienced exactly the same as you in terms of having to crank over 60 for movies... I thought something wrong with the Amp as Lower models performed better in my experience owning a Nr1711 previously. Anyway, I did not bother doing the full calibration for seating positions which you have 8 in Audyssey. Also I did not use a SPL meter as well for reference volume but I am convinced the amp is on the duller side. However if you adjust the cross overs and the speaker levels you should be able to get the right volume levels you need.

Last edited:
I´m just about to upgrade my H/K AVR370 and it looks like Marantz SR7015/13 is the one for me.

My question is about the difference between the two receivers. The price for a new SR7015 here in Sweden is about $2000. The option is to buy a used SR7013 in mint condition for $1000. Is it really worth $1000 more fore the 7015 in comparison?
Get the 7013 and save your money. You will not notice any difference between both in terms of sound and setup will be identical. If you dont need the 8K HDMI and gaming 4k at 120 hertz get the 7013 for sure.

Hi guys,

regarding my issue. Just to let you know that Marantz was not available to help.
Very nice costumer service :(

They only want me to reset my unit or sent it to repair. So the issue that is common to all SR7015 will stay like that.

They were not available to listen to me. Very bad.

Hi guys,

regarding my issue. Just to let you know that Marantz was not available to help.
Very nice costumer service :(

They only want me to reset my unit or sent it to repair. So the issue that is common to all SR7015 will stay like that.

They were not available to listen to me. Very bad.
It was a bit of a non-issue to be fair. Not even sure why you would want to use the video processing on an AVR.

It was a bit of a non-issue to be fair. Not even sure why you would want to use the video processing on an AVR.
Not that issue.

the issue is a pop loud sound when starting the AVR in the Front Height speakers when you have the following settings:

Hdmi passthrough option is activated.
Amplifier is in pre-amp mode.
When it comes from standby with pre-amp mode activated.
With Front Height speakers connected to the receiver.
have two presets configured. One for 7.1 etc and another with pre amp.

It should be easy to fix with a firmware update.. But they don't care.

I called them up, the UK Marantz support team and they advised this is normal and should be ignored. So did they express it is a known issue and thus wanting to do a repair? Or they believe it is not an issue as well.

My SR6015 did a firmware update this morning. Does anyone know what's changed or where to find firmware information?

SR7015 had an update too. Wish I hadn't applied it though as it disabled and subsequently erased all the Audyssey calibration information so I had to recalibrate which was irritating.

Aside from this I have not noticed any changes following the update.

Last edited:
Ok there was an update on my 7015 last week but haven't checked it..

in other news however it looks like sound united have come up with a solution for the hdmi bug, which doesn't involve sending the amp back or a software update ( as these can't solve it ) by use of an adaptor please read these article

It ain't ideal looking at another box to make it happen.

Get the 7013 and save your money. You will not notice any difference between both in terms of sound and setup will be identical. If you dont need the 8K HDMI and gaming 4k at 120 hertz get the 7013 for sure.

It's not just 8K HDMI and gaming 4k at 120 hertz thats changed.

The 7015 has better spec'd internals that will deliver a richer sound stage for both 2.0 and AV multi-surround systems.

I would like to share the link to the single review posted on the Marantz website at the link above. I found it odd that over 6 months only one review had been posted and conveniently for Marantz it was very favorable.

I too published a review on the AV7706 that I've owned for the past 6 months, but to my surprise it never materialized even after verification of my email with the link sent to my email account.

I challenge any owners to post a review to confirm that Marantz is suppressing or sensoring the honest reviews of the Av7706 that are not favorable

It's not just 8K HDMI and gaming 4k at 120 hertz thats changed.

The 7015 has better spec'd internals that will deliver a richer sound stage for both 2.0 and AV multi-surround systems.
I rid of my 7015 for the 4700 and it has similar architecture to 7015 and the Marantz came across more suttle but could not distinguish a more richer sound than 4700. However other owners of 7015 will agree with your comments.

Apart from some minor additions to the Marantz architecture such as HDAM, the Denon and Marantz models are basically the same. They are however purposefully tuned differently and this is what differentiates them. Even Sound United's own representatives recognise that the Marantz signature sound is better geared toward music and stereo listening.

DEnon's signature sound is more clinical than that associated with Marantz and the Maeantz signature sound is softer and warmer than you'd exopect from a DEnon product. This is down to tuning and not due to different components being used.

Last edited:
Even Sound United's own representatives recognise that the Marantz signature sound is better geared toward music and stereo listening.
There's some interesting videos in this thread from Sound United explaining the differences. They relate the relationship between the two brands to the VW/Audi group - a Bentley will have a VW sat nav, but the engine is a Bentley (well Audi actually in some cases!)

Sound United themselves suggest the signature sound of each is down to tuning. THey are purposefully tuned to attain their signature sound and are not using different components to attain that sound.

Last edited:
Sound UNited themselces suggest the signature sound of each is down to tuning. THey are purposefully tined to attain their signature sound and are not using different components to attain that sound.
Sound unit themselves say that 40% of components in the marantz are different from the denons.

Hi all,

will these cables work for long disnatnce signal transfer from an Xbox series x to the marantz sr7015 (with hdmi 2.1 fix)

also I tried to register for my free work around box today but it’s saying my serial number isn’t correct I’m starting from “MBCQ1********” anyone else having issues ?
Thank you

I tried to register for my free work around box today but it’s saying my serial number isn’t correct I’m starting from “MBCQ1********” anyone else having issues ?
Thank you
Same here, mine begins MBCQ0 and any attempts to register are met with:

2ACD69EA-DF9F-4BB8-8002-377D3E0FBC34.png

I’ve emailed Richer Sounds to see if they can get Marantz to sort it out.

Will do. In fairness to RS they got back very quickly and said they’d contact the Denon/Marantz rep first thing on Monday.

Will do. In fairness to RS they got back very quickly and said they’d contact the Denon/Marantz rep first thing on Monday.
That’s the message I got from my C4 dealer who supplied.

I think Steve liked it!!! Looks an impressive bit of kit, would love one of these :smashin:
I've wanted an SR7015 since they were first announced and today was going to be the day I finally ordered one. Unfortunately, forum friends @ShanePJ AV Online had no stock showing on their website.
So I had one of those mad (and expensive!) "sod it, you only live once" moments and ordered an SR8015 instead, plus a pair of Dali Alteco speakers to sit atop my B&W 603's for Atmos duties.
I can't wait for them to be delivered 😃😃😃

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom