Marant RC1200 or Cambridge Audio M500?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by SimonG, Jun 13, 2002.

1. SimonG

SimonG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully the subject Marant RC1200 or Cambridge Audio M500 says it all.

The above remotes are available from RS at £30 (shop price). The CA M500 is in stock, the RC1200 not.

Is one better in any way than the other, would I regret the M500 and not waiting for the Marantz?

I am controlling a TV, DVD, VCR, Digibox and Technics Pro Logic Mini System (The mini system will be replaced by a AV Receiver later in the year).

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought a RC1200 last night from Richer Sounds. It is advertised at £49 but if you say is the special offer still on from What Hifif Mag it is only £29.
    No probs it took about 1 hour to program. i have put
    Sky digital, dennon1802, 2 x dvd players, philis tv, cd player.
    I do not know the marantz but i am very happy with the RC1200.

Neil

3. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Ditto last post.........very easy to program,.......for £30 v-good:cool:

4. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I have a Marantz and an pretty happy with it - I just wish it had a few more buttons. It is a definite bargain tho.

5. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you've only had feedback on the Marantz, I thought I'd tell you about my CA M500.
    In summary, for £29 I think it's great (can't say whether it's better or worse than the Marantz as I haven't used it).
    I really don't like the "softscreen" type remotes like the Pronto, so the M500 is great because it's all real buttons. You can change the name of any of the buttons you programme in the LCD screen and the macros are easy to use. I wish I'd been able to advise them on the names to use on the hard keys themselves though as they don't seem all that sensible to me!
    It can replace up to 10 separate remotes (it's replaced 8 for me) and the little things (like the way the keys themselves light up when you press anything in the dark) make it a very practical (as opposed to gadget) remote control.
    My only criticism is that the IR lens seems to break easily if you drop it on a wooden floor!

Simon