Mara RC9500 with Windows Media centre...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by theneased, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. theneased

    theneased
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a RC9500, windows media centre with remote and IR receiver. I've programmed loads of RC9500's in my time working at a home cinema shop but I'm stuck on this. When i press a button to control the media centre it works, but pressing the same button the second time doesnt work. If I want to press up twice, I have to press up - (random button) - up again. What's also weird is that when I press the up button for a second time, the IR receiver flashes as if it's receiving the signal.

    I've tried it with the remote that came with it and that works fine, but just with my marantz it seems to not work on the second press of the same button. It works fine with everything else (plasma, amp...)

    My thinking was that maybe there are 2 codes for up, and the remote switches between them but i havnt really got any backing for that, and it also sounds like a bit of effort on microsofts part.

    Any ideas?
     
  2. MattTheBeanster

    MattTheBeanster
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2003
    Messages:
    1,485
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    Location:
    Cornwall
    Ratings:
    +122
    it's not your remote it's media center. it has a debounce where it sends a different signal for the 2nd consecutive press.

    had the same problem with my pronto. they brought out a fix.

    see if you have an update for yours, if not you can turn off the effect in the registry, there was a thread about it here ...

    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243250&highlight=debounce
     
  3. richardbarman

    richardbarman
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2005
    Messages:
    65
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +1
    I come across this problem loads with Windows MCE. It's nothing to do with the remote, or the codes. You'll find that the original remote just works fine.

    It's the 'debounce' feature built into a lot of products that use IR within windows. If you get into Regedit, and do a search for 'debouce' it should bring up a load if entries in all the remote control stuff. Set all of these values to '0' rather than '1'. This will turn the debounce off, and cures the problem.

    Richard
     

Share This Page

Loading...