Maplins Logitech Wheel discontinued

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

It seems that the the £25 steering wheel from Maplin has been discontinued. Can anyone recommend another decent wheel around the same price?

TIA

Move it fella!! Via the website search store stock and there are still some around. Give the store a ring pronto :smashin:

EDIT: Just did this very thing myself. Score-draw!!

Last edited:
Thank you. Just reserved one and going to pick it up in the Snow. My local was sold out and going to travel 50 mile round trip. Lets hope its worth it.

Thank you. Just reserved one and going to pick it up in the Snow. My local was sold out and going to travel 50 mile round trip. Lets hope its worth it.

Fancy popping in to get mine too :rolleyes: 70 mile round trip. Not gonna risk it (and thats my local store boooo).

Did they only ask for your name? Starting to worry they didn't keep mine back now. Damn the snow!!

Excellent me too!

Got the wheel. Just got to get used to it now. Never used one on the ps3 in my life. I am rubbish at the moment :)

Battery died last night on my car so I can't pick one up locally :(

Trying to get my parent's to buy me one for Christmas, just trying to secure the last one where they live.

Heads up; My wife has just bought me a wheel from Maplins in Lakeside Essex, now 3 left.

picked one up in Belfast this morning, one left (at the Connswater store)

Does this make a real difference to your ability on the game - I'm absolutely rubbish currently.

Picked one up from my local store (Preston) had 2 left. Loving it so far.

Managed to get the last 1 for the Aberdeen store:smashin:, I was gonna buy the last 2 but was beat to it as the sales guy said he only sold the other one 20 mins earlier(they only had 2 in stock according to website check) so should have rang up & reserved.
The Mrs even let me have a wee go with it but only on GT5p as she said I definitely wasn't getting GT5 before Xmas:thumbsdow
Enjoyed my 1st experience with a wheel on the PS3 so roll on 25th Dec

Well done fella.

My son bought me one for my birthday and it is so much better with a wheel and this is good, love the flappy paddles as the accelerator and brakes brilliant

The deed is done@£32.54. Thx for the heads up NYPD. The extra £7.54 more than covers petrol for the 80 miles and the danger money.

Does this make a real difference to your ability on the game - I'm absolutely rubbish currently.

I got one of these last week and used it for the first time this morning.

At £25 to £30 (the price of a controller), this is a fantastic bargain :thumbsup:

It's a much more immersive experience that using the controller.
Surprisingly, its quite comfortable and seems to sit on my lap without to much trouble.

The best thing for me, is that you can pick it up and plonk it on your lap and away you go. No messing around!!!

I did have a G25 and playseat, but sold it due to the room it took up and the hassle of getting it out and setup every time I wanted to play. This cost well over £400.

In summary I am more that impressed with this wheel and you really can't go wrong at this price :)

Cheers

Jim

Just been to Bolton maplins they had 3 left, so 2 left now.

That's dedication:laugh:

The big question now is are you any faster?????

I'm thinking I need to change to a wheel and this looks ideal, I have a question though..

I read that this is really a "laptop" wheel and not designed to be on a stand etc.. I think I'm going to find it too low sat on my lap, so can it be used on a table? thinking of putting it a non slip mat a bit like this: Black non slip mat on a roll at Barnitts Online Store, UK

Is this going to work ?

Failing that I'll look at the GT wheel, but seems a bit of a faff for occasional use with pedals etc..

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom