1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maplin 10m scart - half price.

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Techno Freak, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Techno Freak

Techno Freak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maplin's current stock clearance sale includes a Nikkaei 10m scart cable, normally £34.99, clearance sale price £17.50.

I bought a scart cable, very good quality picture - even at 10m!

They are also selling 6 phono to 6 phono leads at half price ( various lengths ).

I bought a set of leads - 0.75m for £7.50 - to use for my DVD-A to the amp. They sound great.

They also have a tenner off 'Monster' component video cables, I don't know what lengths.

I seem to remember seeing scart switch boxes in the pamphlet aswell. Something like £39.99 instead of £79.99.

Grap a pamphlet and check the other bargains - there are two leaflets, the normal monthly one and a yellow clearance one. The yellow one has the scart and component cables in.

2. IanDH

IanDH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are looking for scarts and do not need 10m try looking at Empire Direct - the Ixos 138AV - 300 is £29.99 + 2.99 postage. This is a 3m cable - details can be found at http://www.ixos.co.uk/interconnects/index2.html - its an old code for the XHT801 - silver plated copper, foil screens etc. The cheapest I had been able to find elsewhere on the web was over £50.

I wanted a 1.5m scart gave them a ring - they also have this in stock (ordered mine yesterday) at £24.95. The 1.5 is not on their web site so you need to ring through (0870 120 1122) for the 1.5m one.

Ian

3. Techno Freak

Techno Freak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, the component cables are not made by 'Monster' they are 'Thor' cables.

Don't know much about Nikkai or Thor but the scart cable quality is supberb. Never tried any Thor cables.