Map update pricing policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lada

Novice Member
Has anyone investigated the pricing policy of Kenwood/Garmin for the 1. map update? I have 5220BT - bought in May. As the new update is coming in two month I am interesting how to get tit for free.

descb600f

Has anyone investigated the pricing policy of Kenwood/Garmin for the 1. map update? I have 5220BT - bought in May. As the new update is coming in two month I am interesting how to get tit for free.
We all wanna get TIT for fee :thumbsup:

Garmin give free updates if you buy your unit with an old map version on it but I don't know if Kenwood do the same.

Lada

Novice Member
I guess the Kenwood HU´s are being updated directly through Garmin.

P.S. - The mistype was intentional. I have just wanted to know who does do it with only one :hiya:

lilstar

Standard Member
i have upgraded my kenwood 8220bt to nt 2009 using garmin unlocker and its working fine and its free:)

Bennybeanbag

Novice Member
have there been any major changes between the NT2008 and NT2009? is it worth the upgrade map?
From what I can make out it seems to be some format changes to the files, speed limit signs showing on A roads as well as motorways and no doubt updates to road layouts that have changed.

Perhaps anyone that has the latest version can give us a full run down?

This is from Garmins website -
"Anyone who first used their new Garmin nüvi or zümo on August 17th or later will be eligible for a free map update if one exists within 60 days of the unit's first use. With our nüMaps Guarantee, you'll be up-to-date when you hit the road."

Presume the guarantee is for all units not just these two?

Julie

Thread changing into areas of illegal discussion. Several posted deleted & thread now closed. Please take note of sticky at top of ICE forum page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom