Many thanks! (tx-p37x10)

Jboy

Standard Member
My 1st post but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now whilst trying to decide which way to go with my 1st flat screen purchase (previous tv a 19" CRT).

To cut a long story short I have room for a 32" panel comfortably and a 37" at a squeeze and sit approx 6-8ft from the TV. I dont watch a lot of TV (hence no prior upgrade!) but like to watch football/sports and films. A lot of the films I would like to run from my laptop as i download them (laptop has hdmi port).

After reading reviews and comments on this site I have decided on the Panasonic tx-p37x10 (even though having seen it next to an LCD in the shop it looked a bit dull and lifeless?). That said as I am not that clued up on these matters (and think perhaps the settings/lighting in the store may have been poor) I am going with the views and feedback of you guys and have ordered my TV with John Lewis as they have pricematched Richer sounds at £529 - with free delivery.

Only shame was that my local panasonic store could only offer the TV at £600 as would have preferred to support local business...

Once again many thanks, I will feedback my thoughts on the TV once I get it!:thumbsup:

TUT

My 1st post but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now whilst trying to decide which way to go with my 1st flat screen purchase (previous tv a 19" CRT).

To cut a long story short I have room for a 32" panel comfortably and a 37" at a squeeze and sit approx 6-8ft from the TV. I dont watch a lot of TV (hence no prior upgrade!) but like to watch football/sports and films. A lot of the films I would like to run from my laptop as i download them (laptop has hdmi port).

After reading reviews and comments on this site I have decided on the Panasonic tx-p37x10 (even though having seen it next to an LCD in the shop it looked a bit dull and lifeless?). That said as I am not that clued up on these matters (and think perhaps the settings/lighting in the store may have been poor) I am going with the views and feedback of you guys and have ordered my TV with John Lewis as they have pricematched Richer sounds at £529 - with free delivery.

Only shame was that my local panasonic store could only offer the TV at £600 as would have preferred to support local business...

Once again many thanks, I will feedback my thoughts on the TV once I get it!:thumbsup:

Congratulation for your new TV , I am sure you will enjoy it as it is a great TV , just make sure you use the guide lines for the running in period (the first 200 hours)

Jboy

Standard Member
Congratulation for your new TV , I am sure you will enjoy it as it is a great TV , just make sure you use the guide lines for the running in period (the first 200 hours)
Thanks TUT - I will check for them - also I believe there are 'optimum' settings for the panel that people have posted... i know a lot of it is personal choice but as I am a complete novice at this - I think playing around with other recommended settings may be the way fwd!

Lizzybif

Well done Jboy on your purchase of a great TV. I am sure you will love it!:smashin:

I was concerned that it may be 'dull' compared with my LCD but not at all!:thumbsup:

It is much easier to watch than LCD. I used to find that by the end of an evening's viewing that my I had a bit of eyestrain but not had this with the 37X10.

Enjoy!!:D

tvbox

I'm going to pick up my 42X10 tomorrow from JL! Dying to post some first impression comments, and many people here have said i won't be disappointed:cool:.
:clap:
Thanks to everyone who helped me:smashin: this forums is great. I have been reading it since december which is a long time:eek:, originally going for the Old PX80, but i joined when the X10 new models came out:cool::cool::cool:

Lizzybif

I'm going to pick up my 42X10 tomorrow from JL! Dying to post some first impression comments, and many people here have said i won't be disappointed:cool:.
:clap:
Thanks to everyone who helped me:smashin: this forums is great. I have been reading it since december which is a long time:eek:, originally going for the Old PX80, but i joined when the X10 new models came out:cool::cool::cool:

Way hay let's have a :arty:

I promise you that you won't be disappointed. It is a brilliant TV and wish I had bought it sooner.

Jboy

Standard Member
Cheers all - this site has been a huge help in what I can only describe as a minefield of options in buying a LCD/Plasma screen... without reading the views and reviews on here I would definitely still be deciding which way to go!

Can anyone offer any advice on price of HDMI leads? Assuming (hoping) I dont need to spend megabucks.... any recommendations?

Garcian

Can anyone offer any advice on price of HDMI leads? Assuming (hoping) I dont need to spend megabucks.... any recommendations?

No you don't need to spend megabucks - it's often worth spending more than a few pence though, just for decent build quality; I think the last ones I bought were about £7 or £8 each & they were excellent quality :)

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom