Manufacturer Model Numbers

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do they like confusing people!

Surely something that is xx56xxxxx is older than something that is xx60xxxxx.

But no! What ever happened to sequential numbering systems!

Why do they like confusing people!

Surely something that is xx56xxxxx is older than something that is xx60xxxxx.

But no! What ever happened to sequential numbering systems!

I dare say that all manufacturers have their own model numbering conventions but the most common theme I have observed ( perhaps more definitely in brown goods) is that the model number denotes price point and therefore associated features, and is not related in any way to oldness or newness.
Thus a 600 series is more expensive that a 500 series... a 700 series more expensive than a 600 etc.

It also has to be said that a 'newer' model is not necessarily a better model.
manufacturers are always looking for cheaper ways to produce their merchandise.

Just comparing their models and it looks like the 60 series is 2.1m high and the 58 series is 1.92m high, so that explains the numbering system.

However, does anyone know if Samsung are going a bit stale in the home appliance market, as even when display their newest models on their website and then searching for them online, it either yields no results, suppliers that have no stock, or most worryingly that they've been discontinued.

I don't want to spend upwards of £600 on an appliance only to find it's either very last of the stock or going to be obsolete very soon!

Even more confusion when companies like Black and Decker have slightly different models at different shops- like B&Q and Homebase

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom