Manually entering freeview channels

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Barney_Tabasco, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Barney_Tabasco

Barney_Tabasco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to manually enter the channels that my TV is not picking up. Firstly, does this usually work and secondly where can i get frequency and bandwidth details for all the channels?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,256
    Pretty sure it can't be done. Anything that's good, strong, and clean enough, should be found by your TV.

All Freeview programmes are transmitted on six UHF TV "channels (or, frequencies) in the normal range 21.....68 alongside the five analogue programmes. Each of these six UHF "channels" contains several Freeview programmes "multiplexed" together. To find out which UHF "channels" are used where you are, you need to know which transmitter you receive from. And then look here:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/transmitters.html

To find out which programmes are in each of the six multiplexes" (or "muxes"), see here:
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/dtt_channels.html

If you are missing ONE programme in any given mux, then you'll be missing them all within that mux. If you are missing one or more muxes, then the problem pretty well always lies with the aerial.

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    And/or the transmission signal strength is of lower power than the rest and this person lies on the border of good Freeview reception.

Freeview boxes also have varying tuner sensitivity and the less sensitive ones will always be a problem on fringe areas. Expensive aerial kit may solve the problem (dependant on the broadcast frequency) but an alternative STB with a aerial booster will be cheaper.