Manual Screen Help & Advice Please

DJTipster

Hi all, recently I bought the Optoma DS-9092PMG+ Manual pull down screen. It is 92" and got from Argos about a month ago. I didn't bother checking if the screen was ok as I just didn't have the time. Anyway on Friday we got it all boxed in etc and was a big job. Got it all up on Friday night and thought now is the time to pull it down and see what it is like. When I pulled it all the way down I noticed that the edges of the screen were curling inwards. I hung it all that night and was the same on Saturday morning. I have not tried a projector on it yet as I am still saving for that. The white of the screen is fine, there are no ripples that I can see either, it is literally just the sides. I have a picture below. What do you guys think? Is it a common thing? I am a newbie to all things like this so looking after some sound advice. Cheers

20140502_201327.jpg

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Pretty standard I think for manual screens to have a little curl on the edge. As long as the main screen part is ok then I wouldn't worry too much.

To eliminate the problem you need tab tensioned which are never manual and therefore much more expensive.

DJTipster

ok mate cool, cheers for your reply - so looking at my pic of screen would you say that is pretty much standard then?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Hard to see really. Sorry

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom