Manual Screen Help & Advice Please

DJTipster

Hi all, recently I bought the Optoma DS-9092PMG+ Manual pull down screen. It is 92" and got from Argos about a month ago. I didn't bother checking if the screen was ok as I just didn't have the time. Anyway on Friday we got it all boxed in etc and was a big job. Got it all up on Friday night and thought now is the time to pull it down and see what it is like. When I pulled it all the way down I noticed that the edges of the screen were curling inwards. I hung it all that night and was the same on Saturday morning. I have not tried a projector on it yet as I am still saving for that. The white of the screen is fine, there are no ripples that I can see either, it is literally just the sides. I have a picture below. What do you guys think? Is it a common thing? I am a newbie to all things like this so looking after some sound advice. Cheers

20140502_201327.jpg

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Pretty standard I think for manual screens to have a little curl on the edge. As long as the main screen part is ok then I wouldn't worry too much.

To eliminate the problem you need tab tensioned which are never manual and therefore much more expensive.

DJTipster

ok mate cool, cheers for your reply - so looking at my pic of screen would you say that is pretty much standard then?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Hard to see really. Sorry

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom