Manual Retune - Add Channels?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Perry Vale, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Perry Vale

Perry Vale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just received the Humax Youview box and had it installed by BT earlier.

A BIG problem though.....it doesn't pick up any of the HD channels (and a couple of SD ones). To my utter dismay, I can't find a manual retune or add channels option. I know my aerial can pick up the HD channels, as the same aerial does so on my Sony Bravia Freeview HD tv with a manual retune (of channel 30).

Please don't tell me I have no way of getting these channels now, it makes the box next to useless for me. :(

Many Thanks

2. lbear

lbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Few things:
    1. Check the 800s, your box may have locked on to a more distant transmitter and not found the HD channels. (Possibility is based on the fact you mention having to manually tune your Sony)

2. Check the aerial plug, unplugging old equipment and installing new can cause problems. Are you daisychaining the aerial signal through the box to the TV? If there has been a deterioration in the signal, this may be down to mechanical damage to the plug.

3. Make sure you move the HDMI cable away from the aerial lead - these can cause interference.

4. The Candyman (AKA Lord Sugar) decided the target was the "mum on the 14th floor" who would not be expected to be able to cope with manual retuning. You can do a complete rescan Goto Settings>TV signal and Quality>Retune Channels.