1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual for NW-HD5 TestMode

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by pepposus, Jun 16, 2005.

1. pepposus

pepposus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guy,
    where can I find the manual or documentation for all options in Testmode of NW-HD5? :confused:

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    You'd have to get the service manual from somewhere. Look on www.sony.co.uk/support their should be a section there somewhere that would tell you where you can order parts/accesories/manuals.

3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to disagree - there is no way Sony will have that information online for consumers to use. Obviously you can reverse these changes, but Sony pointed out to me that by entering the service menu you could be in breach of point 4.C of your Terms in Conditions.

Below I will paste it:
    4.C) damage or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use .

If anything goes wrong whilst you are in a service menu, damage will not be covered by warranty - therefore only authorised Sony engineers have the information and it won't be given to the general public.

In all fairness and likeliness it is not very probable that something will go wrong - but it is enough reason for Sony not to give the type of information willingly to the public (unless it gets leaked...)

So don't expect the manual from Sony's website.

I thought you had 10 years of experience in consumer electronics, Tbag?

4. pepposus

pepposus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:
    Thank you very much for your replies.....
    I hoped to learn more about it and to avoid doing something wrong!
    :-(
    Thanks a lot....

5. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Surprise. Surprise.

I never said they would have the information on-line. I said there website will tell you where to buy the manual.

Of course messing around with this has implications warranty wise. However it does not mean you cannot do it.

I have just looked further into it myself. On the Sony website it says all their Parts/accessories and manuals are sold by Seme Ltd. Tel: 0870 240 6354

I called and asked if they sell Sony service manuals. They said yes.

There are also lots of web-sites with service manuals and information readily available. Sites such as:

http://fileshare.eshop.bg/

A quick google search will find more.

Do your research before trolling Johann. :hiya:

6. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you use it and nothing goes wrong is your warranty gone?

7. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Although you will never get an official confirmation of this from Sony, they will turn a "blind eye" to units that have had the volume limiter switched off through the service menu and it will not invalidate the warranty.

Any other changes will though.

8. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I think it works something like this in most electronics companies. But i'm not a techie.

The software inside most current products can log when stuff was accessed. Also an engineer can tell if anything has been changed. When they go to make the warranty claim after repairing a product the system checks to see if a claim has been made against that serial numbered unit before. If the system says no. They then know that an 'unauthorised' person has attempted changes/repairs to the system.

9. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have said nothing new here and in fact everything I said you repeated or tried to deflect attention from;

let me reiterate; You can't get a service manual from Sony's site, nor would they advise you as to where to get one, as you quite irresponsibly advised earlier.

I went through the trouble of phoning Seme and it is also untrue that you can purchase the service manual, intended for technicians from them. They sell the *USER* manual. When I actually explained to the member of staff that there was a difference between service and user manual he, after spending some time on hold, informed me that the service manual WAS not available to the general public - however you could put in a request to see if they could get authorisation to dispatch it.

It looks, as always, as if you, Tbag - was the one not doing any homework... sigh... it's not even a challenge to debate with you anymore... :confused:

10. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    So they didn't give you a straight no then. They can request an order.

Also strange as I just ordered a service manual from them for a portbale TV that's knackered. They do it via a print on demnd service.

There is a distinct difference between debating, and being argumentative.

If whenever I make a post, you are going to simply disagree with anything I say before researching, I will simply add you to my ignore list and report you to the mods.

You stated sony service information is not available to the general public. You are wrong, there are plenty of on-line sources, and service centres up and down the country that will order you one for a charge.

11. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is nothing to report me for, so feel free. This is a forum and people have a discussion here, you seem to make many invalid claims often, and as a fellow member I feel it is my duty to offer the other side of the coin.

However, you are more than welcome to put me on your ignore list.

I would like to ask you very nicely to read my replies *PROPERLY*. I *NEVER* said that Sony's service information is NOT available to the public, I did however say Sony are not the people MAKING that information public. I am convinced that if you actually read my replies properly, you wouldn't try and discredit everything I say everytime I do so.

I differ from you, simply because we just simply often hold different views. But I would like to remind you that it was you who were accusing me of 'hearsay' and/or 'gossip' and as you make unsubstantiated claim after the other, often to contradict me, I feel that I might just be reporting you to a mod.

12. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Sony make it available via Seme.

13. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be interesting to see if you could actually obtain one from Seme - if you do and you can prove it I will apologise for doubting you in this instance.

14. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I have just ordered a service manual for a KV14T1U portable television. £21.78. Only bad thing is it can take up to 28 days as it's out of stock.

Shall I photocopy my invoice when I receive it and send it to you. Would that be good enough?

15. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    For heavens sake you two ..... you've already had a barney on one thread, can we give it a rest now please?

:suicide:

16. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing Keanus is, this is a technical forum, and if somebody proves me wrong about anything I said before, I reckon I am a decent enough guy to say I am sorry for disputing that - I was wrong.

I just don't understand why Tbag gets all funny with me when I present him with overwhelming evidence of why I believe in a certain way.

Anyay - like over on the cracks thread, I will agree - to not hijack the thread and turn it into a personal debate with him - simply as past experience have shown you just don't get anywhere... :)

17. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I have seen no 'overwhelming evidence' in this thread to dispute what I have said. You say I have to 'prove' stuff to you. Why? I have given a forum member advice on where to get service information. It is that forum members choice to follow that up. If I have mis-informed him, I am sure he will come back and say so.

18. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure...