• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mantistech.co.uk - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
give their name a google with reviews etc and often there will be threads on forums saying if they are legit or dodgy

mushk1n

couldn't find any site reviews for you but it looks like their payment methods are secure (double check you get a padlock on your browser status bar), which normally is a good indication.

If you pay via paypal - which they say they accept - I think you should be okay.

Josh

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
couldn't find any site reviews for you but it looks like their payment methods are secure (double check you get a padlock on your browser status bar), which normally is a good indication.

If you pay via paypal - which they say they accept - I think you should be okay.

Josh
as well as https in the address bar not http

the "s" stands for secure sockets

leeince

Distinguished Member
cant find any reviews, they are a sponsored link on google, does that mean anything??

jassco

Distinguished Member
personally i wouldnt trust all sponsored links on google. i did a search for a sims 3 demo and got sponsored links to illegal downloads of the full game (which i'm guessing were riddled with viruses)

Adam Shaw

The returns address is a suburban house in Orpington in Kent, so it seems to be a business run from home.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member

Jenn

Distinguished Member
cant find any reviews, they are a sponsored link on google, does that mean anything??

Anyone can setup a sponsored link account. All you do is pay for every click your link gets.
They supposedly get checked and approved but as long as the site looks ok I don't think Google looks any deeper unless they get complaints.

Deansy

Standard Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that it is a sponsored link. Most of the countries top e-commerce sites use Pay Per Click (sponsored links)

Things you should look for are:

• A contact Number
  • A Geographical Address (not a PO BOX Number) this is in the terms on this site.
  • A secure area for payment
  • Reviews (not essential)
This site ticks most of the boxes and also uses Visa Verified which gives you extra gaurentees.

My Opinion is, its fine. Hope this helps :)

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that it is a sponsored link. Most of the countries top e-commerce sites use Pay Per Click (sponsored links)

Things you should look for are:

• A contact Number
  • A Geographical Address (not a PO BOX Number) this is in the terms on this site.
  • A secure area for payment
  • Reviews (not essential)
This site ticks most of the boxes and also uses Visa Verified which gives you extra gaurentees.

My Opinion is, its fine. Hope this helps :)

credit card acceptance is the hardest thing to fake, looks like a soho

leeince

Distinguished Member
Thanks for all your help chaps, ive placed the order so i will see what happens, just to say this is not for me i would not want one of these, its for someone whos going awat but isnt allowed a phone!! ;)

M

Member 379507

Hello Guys,

My name is Mak and I'm the owner of MantisTech.

I just wanted to come on here and assure you that we are a genuine company. We are a family run business and have been trading a number of years.

Our ecommerce website launched in 2006 and we mainly deal in consumer electronics and gadgets. We import and deal with the manufacturers directly which enables us to offer the best prices. We have a wide range on MP3, MP4 players, Unlocked Mobile Phones, Dual Sim TV Mobile Phones, Bluetooth HandsFree Car Kits and many other unique products.

In terms of our website security, we use SagePay. Once a customer checks out their shopping cart they are taken to SagePays secure payment gateway. This page is not hosted by us but SagePay. This ensures that the page is always hosted on a secure server that is maintained by SagePay. SagePay go above and beyond industry regulations on internet security. Furthermore we have implemented 3D Secure 'Verified by Visa' and 'Mastercard Securecode' giving another layer of protection for our customers.

Our registered offices are in Orpington, Kent, however all our stock is kept and dispatched from our warehouse in Petts Wood, Kent. We are more than happy to meet customers to view products by prior arrangement. We're also just at the other end of the phone for help and advice. Our number is 0870 80 30 231

We usually send all orders that are made before 2pm on the same day and the vast majority of our customers receive their order the next day.

Feel free to ask another questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope that this helps

Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom