Manta Lab Releases & Discussion thread (Blu-ray Steelbook)

@invisiblekid

Scanavo states 4K for these ^
Probably a mistake as it is nowhere in the description on Manta's

PS: Would have loved a quarter slip for this :cool:
I dont see anything about 4K either. Seriously tempted. I have only seen the film once, but utterly loved it. I was a little tipsy and drunk called my mate and said I was better the Pulp Fuction, therefore my fave QT film.

Frightened to go back in case I got it horribly wrong. I doubt it, but it cant be worse than Django. I hate that film.

@SFkilla

Thanks for the mention. Didnt see this thread.

And this is indeed a bit cheaper than Kimchi One Clicks. Not sure why Shape of Water was so much more. Fancy'ish case, but that's about it. Oh and 4K disc.

I dont see anything about 4K either.

Scanavo has been wrong more then once and to be fair, i believe Manta would definitely advertise it if indeed it included the 4K. Time will tell.

Seriously tempted. I have only seen the film once, but utterly loved it. I was a little tipsy and drunk called my mate and said I was better the Pulp Fuction, therefore my fave QT film.

Frightened to go back in case I got it horribly wrong. I doubt it, but it cant be worse than Django. I hate that film.

I honestly loved it too when i saw it the first time... nothing changed for me after the second watch.
A really enjoyable film imho.

Thanks for the mention. Didnt see this thread.
And this is indeed a bit cheaper than Kimchi One Clicks. Not sure why Shape of Water was so much more. Fancy'ish case, but that's about it. Oh and 4K disc.

You're welcome mate.
I used to update this thread more often in the past but i have been busy with a lot of other things this year.
PS: The OP is relatively up to date for the exclusives though.

OK so it’s turned up. Arrives a damn sight quicker when it’s “custom friendly” labelled. Very nice. The Tarantino collection continues.

9B64C074-298D-4652-A505-7C023F8394F0.jpeg
42930004-650B-4E39-B75E-3D2039BD2AB4.jpeg
347E0BD3-5DF4-452F-996F-78DBB3EFDFF4.jpeg
3AE55ECA-B8EA-4B0A-B169-2A35855AA8EF.jpeg

Dunkirk - Manta Lab Exclusive #016

Pre-order:
August 28th 2020 (8PM HKT, UTC+8)
Release Date: October 2nd 2020
Treatment: Full Gloss / Debossed Title

More Details on Collectors from Kwun Tong. HK SAR

Lets wake up this thread with a beauty... :D
dunkirk_facing-white-bg-png.1353206

PS: Quickly updated the OP with all known releases (past, present and future)

Attachments

• Dunkirk_Facing-white-BG.png
    Dunkirk_Facing-white-BG.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 753
Last edited:
^ looks like a beaut. Manta, IMO are the best in the business for steels. I can just never get hold of them.

^ looks like a beaut. Manta, IMO are the best in the business for steels. I can just never get hold of them.

Agree, they have been on top since the start with great artwork and excellent treatments.

What do you mean you never get hold of them?
I grabbed the first 4 releases and it has always been very smooth, no probs to log in and purchase on pre-order day etc... Has it changed lately?

Agree, they have been on top since the start with great artwork and excellent treatments.

What do you mean you never get hold of them?
I grabbed the first 4 releases and it has always been very smooth, no probs to log in and purchase on pre-order day etc... Has it changed lately?
I’ve no idea mate, I’ve been out of the premium market since I went 4K. Are manta doing 4K sets or are they still just Blu ?
I got a few titles from them, but they’d regularly sell out before I could nab what I wanted.

I’ve no idea mate, I’ve been out of the premium market since I went 4K. Are manta doing 4K sets or are they still just Blu ?
I got a few titles from them, but they’d regularly sell out before I could nab what I wanted.

I've not checked them for a long time.
Just checked Dunkirk and it has 4K included in the Full Slips and One Click.... Checked Harley Quinn and it had 4K too.
Details are visible from the link above etc...

Last edited:
Yeah generally they beat Nova Media, especially their One Click sets. The outer boxes tend to change whereas None almost always keep to the same boring design. Shape of Water and Inglorious Basterds are wonderful.

I’d probably of picked up Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
I just got Dunkirk from zavvi for £12 quid, it’s a really nice steel,it won’t touch this new Manta I’m sure, but I’m not double dipping.

I see ML is owned by Warner Bros now. Not sure how I feel about that.

Attachments

• Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-6.jpg
    Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-6.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 529
  • Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-7.jpg
    Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-7.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 479
  • Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-08.jpg
    Dunkirk-steelbook-Mantalab-08.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 764
Very very nice that.

I’m only lukewarm on the movie though so if i picked it up again, it would be a cheap copy. Which this one wont be :D

I sincerely hope for Aliens steelbook BR release since i failed to get Target's steelbook of Aliens. Will keep fingers crossed it comes out sometime soon. :)

Coming soon...

DRV_STV-front_2000x.jpg

Pre-order 5th feb, reease 31st March Collectors from Kwun Tong. HK SAR

Coming soon...

View attachment 1435401

My first Manta Lab delivery today (from eBay). Seller described it as like new mint condition steelbook. Think our definitions of those words are somewhat different. How are Manta Lab generally for QC ?
F3C61B2D-36CA-4588-94C2-056EBC54DC1B.jpeg

not 4k,missed opportunity.
That'll be down to the distributor they're contracted with in HK. They aren't releasing the film in 4K, so the option isn't there for them. Drive isn't as universally distributed as some films, many regions having smaller independent distributors.

I think it's Sony in the US who have developed the upcoming 4K release, so there are no surprises it's not available elsewhere. The bluray included in this release is actually fairly certainly going to be region locked as well!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom