Manta Lab Releases & Discussion thread (Blu-ray Steelbook)

I don't get it. Like on eBay i see more and more sellers auto adding import fees which means buyers product won't be delayed by customs in destination country and he won't have to pay extra fees as VAT will be auto added.
Am i correct?

eBay is slightly different but your principle is correct
Sellers have no control over import fees, eBay is doing this automatically.
You pay import fees directly to eBay, and your parcel should not have to go through customs that way... in theory...
Not sure if the new legislation starting July 1st 2021 will change things for the UK though
In Europe, VAT fee will have to be paid on every import from now on.

If import fees won't be added when paying for item then customs in destination country will hold product until person will provide them with proof of purchase and after that they'll release product where user will have to pay VAT + import fees, right?

That's how it works yes.
Postie asks you to pay on delivery, if you do not pay directly, then they hold it until you decide to pay. If you didn't pay within a given time (usually 14 days) or decide you do not want to pay, then it is shipped back to the shop you bought it from and you can ask for a refund. Shipping cost are usually lost though.

Last edited:
eBay is slightly different but your principle is correct
Sellers have no control over import fees, eBay is doing this automatically.
You pay import fees directly to eBay, and your parcel should not have to go through customs that way... in theory...
Not sure if the new legislation starting July 1st 2021 will change things for the UK though
In Europe, VAT fee will have to be paid on every import from now on.

That's how it works yes.
Postie asks you to pay on delivery, if you do not pay directly, then they hold it until you decide to pay. If you didn't pay within a given time (usually 14 days) or decide you do not want to pay, then it is shipped back to the shop you bought it from and you can ask for a refund. Shipping cost are usually lost though.
I've never paid any import fees for my Mantalab steelbooks, that's all covered in the price I think, the postie just delivers them like any other package :)

I've never paid any import fees for my Mantalab steelbooks, that's all covered in the price I think, the postie just delivers them like any other package :)

I know mate, same here but that's simply because most premium retailers mainly from Asia have been customs friendly by declaring false or lower content value that didn't go above the minimum value allowed without fees....
But this is changing on July 1st 2021.
From July 2021 in the UK: importers of all goods will have to make customs’ declarations and pay relevant tariffs & duties. Full safety and security declarations will be required - and physical checks on animals, plants and their products will intensify.

So simply be careful from now on when you import...
Time will tell in the next few weeks how things are managed by post and customs.

I don't get it. Like on eBay i see more and more sellers auto adding import fees which means buyers product won't be delayed by customs in destination country and he won't have to pay extra fees as VAT will be auto added.
Am i correct?
If import fees won't be added when paying for item then customs in destination country will hold product until person will provide them with proof of purchase and after that they'll release product where user will have to pay VAT + import fees, right?
It’s been very long while since I’ve bought something on eBay with added fees. Not entirely sure what happens. But I think VAT gets paid cos that’s easy to add and labeled for customs, but then the buyer may have to pay the import fees

but as I said I’m not sure.

I know mate, same here but that's simply because most premium retailers mainly from Asia have been customs friendly by declaring false or lower content value that didn't go above the minimum value allowed without fees....
But this is changing on July 1st 2021.

So simply be careful from now on when you import...
Time will tell in the next few weeks how things are managed by post and customs.
TBF I’m surprised customs believe the value. The boxes are clearly marked with the company name and if you have a one click boxset, they are not small and £15 is a joker price. They can open anything they want for whatever reason and a lot of these steelbooks will be sent to the UK

But it will make them too expensive for me ?at least the One Clicks), by the time you’ve added import duties and VAT on top of that and postage, hmmmmm. Bubble burst and all that, but we’ve been dodging the real cost anyway.

TBF I’m surprised customs believe the value. The boxes are clearly marked with the company name and if you have a one click boxset, they are not small and £15 is a joker price. They can open anything they want for whatever reason and a lot of these steelbooks will be sent to the UK

But it will make them too expensive for me ?at least the One Clicks), by the time you’ve added import duties and VAT on top of that and postage, hmmmmm. Bubble burst and all that, but we’ve been dodging the real cost anyway.

Time will tell how the new customs legislation goes on from now on in the UK....
In Europe, it is pretty clear already and no exceptions will be made from now on, even for lower content value orders....

This should clear up things....
From MantaLab...

mantavseu-jpg.1536246

Prepare yourself to pay at least 20% more....

Attachments

• MantavsEU.JPG
    MantavsEU.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
This is crazy. I tried to place an order of Interstellar one minute after release, all versions are sold out :(
Is it always like this?

This is crazy. I tried to place an order of Interstellar one minute after release, all versions are sold out :(
Is it always like this?

Don't remember it being that fast, but they usually do not last more then an hour or 2 depending on the release.

Edit: You might want to go for Group buys on HDN to make sure you do not miss out in the futur.

I guess Interstellar was a very popular title, then. The red coloured lenticular full slip version is a beauty, IMHO. They are all nice.

Darn shame I missed out, I was really looking forward to this release :(

Looks like Asian retailers will be forced to follow the footsteps of DeepDiscount and WOWHD in regards to adding sales tax aka VAT up;front.

This will have a seismic effect on sales unless the retailer continues to markdown the value of the packages.

Edit: You might want to go for Group buys on HDN to make sure you do not miss out in the futur.
Thanks for the info! I did some Googling and found a group buy thread at HDN. Will definitely keep an eye out in the future.

How is a group buy possible, though? Manta Lab, for instance, only accepts two copies per order.

Thanks for the info! I did some Googling and found a group buy thread at HDN. Will definitely keep an eye out in the future.

How is a group buy possible, though? Manta Lab, for instance, only accepts two copies per order.

The folks who do the groupbuys get in touch with the retailers in advance.... ;)
Often managed by local users too.

Blade Runner - The Final Cut out on pre-order september 10th.

Already "Out of stock" in the group buy thread on HDN.

This will be my first attempt at buying one of these premium releases. Not fancying my chances 😂

This will be my first attempt at buying one of these premium releases. Not fancying my chances 😂
Best of luck :laugh: I will try, too, but I'm not taking anything for granted. Hopefully it's not as crazy as with the Interstellar release (sold out after one minute).

Best of luck :laugh: I will try, too, but I'm not taking anything for granted. Hopefully it's not as crazy as with the Interstellar release (sold out after one minute).

i saw your comment above before I posted. I would imagine Blade Runner will be even more popular. Won’t be helped by the fact that I will be doing it on my phone.

I will do some practice runs on things they have in stock to try to minimise delays. 😂

I’ll get one eventually, probably pay an extortionate price on eBay lol!
Lol.
Look most of you guys been avoiding customs for far too long. It's time to pay what you bought and not avoid it.
It should be same for everybody. Why some countries pay no customs and others pay all. Its not fair and everyone should do their part.
In my country every item i buy from nonEU country it gets through customs. It doesn't matter if i pay VAT or not. Difference is however if VAT is paid i only pay for customs procedure - 2,5€ if VAT isnt paid i pay VAT, import fees and customs + customs procedure.
So all of you who're ordering these editions should pay full vat and if so import fees. If you can give money for OC you sure can give those 22% of total value of it...

Blade Runner - The Final Cut out on pre-order september 10th.

Already "Out of stock" in the group buy thread on HDN.

Well artworks are dissapointment big time! It's joke. Expected way more. One artwork of outer case is same as HDZ WWA.

Managed to snag a single lenti Blade Runner and am chuffed to bits. I had hoped to get the double lenti but panicked a bit on checkout trying to change my delivery address to my US reshipper and it sold out so happy to have got anything.

I hope others were successful.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom