Manta Lab Releases & Discussion thread (Blu-ray Steelbook)

nonchalant001

My first Manta Lab delivery today (from eBay). Seller described it as like new mint condition steelbook. Think our definitions of those words are somewhat different. How are Manta Lab generally for QC ? View attachment 1448683

Now that is spooky!
I purchased a copy of The Joker from ebay and it had the exact same marks on it. The seller tried to fob me off by saying it happened in transit 🤥
But due to the way he wrapped it, it was impossible for it to be tampered with post packing. My presumption to him was that he had two copies and was photographing the better copy and then shifting the sh*te one 😤
I hate people that deliberately try to scam others. How self loathing must they be to have it in them to do this 🙄
There’s currently a guy selling a projector on ebay which I’d like but he keeps relisting it at higher (non-market value) prices. So yesterday it supposedly sold (at his third attempt of trying) with a single bid of the auction starting price - £900. But lo and behold it was relisted at £50 more within 5 minutes! 😤
I sent a message giving him my thoughts and that people aren’t as stupid as he thinks.... needless to say he hasn’t responded 🤣

Back on track re steelbook. I managed to get the seller to accept a return for a full refund and I spent my money elsewhere.
What was the conclusion to your experience?

BR

Last edited:

samdavies

Distinguished Member
ZS Justice league as well... Still in development though.
Screenshot_20210505-142216_Instagram.jpg

samdavies

Distinguished Member
I saw the JL one, I'm in two minds whether to cancel my HMV one now.
There's no question which art is better imo. No harm in keeping hold of the HMV steel to watch the 4k discs though, then resell. It sold out, so should be simple to move on at cost+p&p.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Just bought Joker double lenticular from eBay thinking it was the 4K 🙈🤣
The one not great thing about Manta and Kimchi etc, their exclusives are not brimming with UHD releases.

badwolf

Standard Member
I have recently discovered premium blurays, having bought the usual UK retail steelbooks.
If I were to start buying Manta Lab etc on Ebay do I need to be aware of any fakes out there?

I know they are quite expensive, and we all know what scammers are like.

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
I have recently discovered premium blurays, having bought the usual UK retail steelbooks.
If I were to start buying Manta Lab etc on Ebay do I need to be aware of any fakes out there?

I know they are quite expensive, and we all know what scammers are like.

I am not aware of any fake MantaLab releases...
Are there fake premium steelbook release on eBay?
Price will surely be a bit higher on eBay but if its sealed, well protected and with tracked shipping, you should be fine. Use Paypal if you can just in case something goes wrong.
Try to grab the new releases directly from MantaLab :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom