Manna from Heaven,well Sky

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Dorset Dave, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Dorset Dave

Dorset Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I read in one of the Sundays that when David Cameron had a problem with his Sky TV service he just had to ring a special number for action to be taken. Apparently Sky has an exclusive service for VIPS, politicians, showbiz types etc., who are given a special number to ring so they don't have to wait in line for hours on end like us poor peasants. They are even offered the equipment/installation free. If it's true, and I know you can't always believe what you read, then ordinary Sky customers are subsidising these "VIP" freebees. I wonder if VM offers the same service.

2. Nivek TT

Nivek TT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,133
    Sky has given out its services to celebrity folk for free for ages. Makes good business sense because it likely leads to endorsements. I bet that up until recently Richard Branson was in the club!

Dunno if Virgin offer the same thing.

You should try and persuade Sky you are a celebrity... "I'm head of the local neighbourhood watch, a pivotal figure in my local community, and I will happily endorse Sky for a freebie service" ;-)

3. Dorset Dave

Dorset Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Actually I am a VM customer, sorry didn't make it very clear, but if I ever change to Sky maybe I'll try your tip! Cheers.

4. karl.g

karl.g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I doubt Richard Branson is using Virgin Media. He would have to reset his box a few times each week and rely on low quality feeds for on demand.