Mankind's worst invention ?

Nick_UK

Ex Member
Reaction score
OK. We've had the nominations for the best invention. What's the worst ?

I nominate TV !

Nerve Gas. At least Atomic research has the potential for electricity generation as well as the Atomic Bomb

Politicians.

Nick_UK said:
OK. We've had the nominations for the best invention. What's the worst ?

I nominate TV !

I would agree with this...for me this has been one of the main downfalls of civilisation in recent history - this had made violence more acceptable, and the attitudes of people much worse...

but on the other hand, is has also benefited us too!

Crazy Frog. :(

Relegion

responsable for more deaths than all the WMD's put together.

The channel tunnel

shahedz said:
the atomic bomb- with out a shadow of doubt!

Agreed.

Greed!

Ethics Gradient said:
Relegion

but not really a threat to the human race, only dangerous to individuals.

Atom bombs and germ warfare are the worst as they both threaten racial survival.

Ethics Gradient said:
Relegion

How many murders and deaths would there be without religion? Most religious people don't go around killing each other, quite the opposite. Its the fanatics that cause all the problems.

Most if not all religions do not promote killing or murder. Instead they promote peace, happiness love and kindness.

i also think that religion brings a lot of people togther as well, and rarely do you get people not inviting people of different faiths inside to understand what thier religion is about,

as Razor said its the fanatics that cause problems,

pjclark1 said:
but not really a threat to the human race, only dangerous to individuals.

Atom bombs and germ warfare are the worst as they both threaten racial survival.

yeah right .... when some one evented the atom bomb, they needed a reason to use it ....

In world war 2, the atomic bombs killed 120,000 people right out - and over time about 250,000.

Number of Jews killed 6 million ( relegious persecution )

Izal toilet paper

Razor said:
How many murders and deaths would there be without religion? Most religious people don't go around killing each other, quite the opposite. Its the fanatics that cause all the problems.

Most if not all religions do not promote killing or murder. Instead they promote peace, happiness love and kindness.

rubbish ;)

eye for an eye

while a relegion may claim peace and love - the fact that its based on an ideology that is different form otehr religions - and has rules and beliefs that are not based on any logic - conflicts of morality arise .... which ofc have led to wars, persecution and deaths.

millions die each year in Africa due to the spread of Aids - while not directly responsible, the catholic teachings of not using contraception are contributing in a very large way to this problem -- catholisim being a major player in Africa.

The power struggles in Iraq atm and the associated bombings are Religous - 2 differening sects of the same religion who distrust each other ... to the point of it escalating to bombings and murders.

its the same the world over even ignoring the likes of the 'extremists'

Ethics Gradient said:
rubbish ;)

eye for an eye

while a relegion may claim peace and love - the fact that its based on an ideology that is different form otehr religions - and has rules and beliefs that are not based on any logic - conflicts of morality arise .... which ofc have led to wars, persecution and deaths.

millions die each year in Africa due to the spread of Aids - while not directly responsible, the catholic teachings of not using contraception are contributing in a very large way to this problem -- catholisim being a major player in Africa.

The power struggles in Iraq atm and the associated bombings are Religous - 2 differening sects of the same religion who distrust each other ... to the point of it escalating to bombings and murders.

its the same the world over even ignoring the likes of the 'extremists'

EYE for and EYE, If you havent taken an eye then an eye wont be taken in return.

When you get religons fighting each other, this is not the true definition of religion but a Fanatic at the helm steering his flock into evil deeds. Go to a average church and you will mainly find nice soft decent people, who want to live their lives as best as they can and in peace.

With regards to Catholics in Africa, surely the catholic church doesnt promote having sex with others unless they are your married partner. I could be wrong here. I dont think the aids problem would be nearly as bad if they did this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom