Mankind's most pointless invention

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought i'd keep the theme going.

What invention has had the least impact when the hype surrounded it seemed to ensure that it would be a cornerstone of existance.

For me it would have to be the segway scooter. What a waste of time! :rotfl:

Attachments

• segway.jpg
    segway.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 58
Breville sandwich makers
Sincairs' C5
Anything by Ronco
Mini discs
Rubber ridges on the back of toothbrushes - just use the bristles for much more effective tongue cleaning

electric dishwashers because washing pots is a good way of keeping women busy while we watch movies. :devil:

The "eject" button on a DVD remote.

Steve N said:
Mini discs
There far better than tape, and you can edit them unlike CD, but they never realy caught on which is a shame. :(

Threads on inventions :rotfl:

Nick_UK said:
The "eject" button on a DVD remote.

Well actually I use mine all the time....it means that when I walk over to the DVD player to change the disc it is already out and I don't have to stand there fumbling for the button and waiting the 0.8 seconds for the tray to slide out... :blush:

So I wouldn't send that particular 'invention' off to Room 101 just yet!

Hi,

The worst invention, has to be the toasted sandwich maker! Truly pointless for anyone who's ever bought it, and then left it at the back of the cupboard to collect dust. :rotfl:

Or failing that, Burberry baseball caps! :rotfl:

Pooch

eviljohn2 said:
People wouldn't say that the bow was a pointless invention.
Actually this was considered a completely inexplicable invention until some years later Throg, a Swedish inventor, designed the arrow.
This also was considered a very poor stabbing weapon.
Then came that fateful day when the two inventors met completely by chance at a dandruff convention in Vienna.

As the world knows - the rest is history (and king Harold finally saw the point)

PoochJD said:
The worst invention, has to be the toasted sandwich maker! Truly pointless for anyone who's ever bought it,

I rather like them and the sandwiches that you can make in them but I did buy an electric yoghurt maker years ago that was christened then never used again.

Ian J said:
I rather like them and the sandwiches that you can make in them but I did buy an electric yoghurt maker years ago that was christened then never used again.

looks like my juicers going the same way... :D

The handbag, because we still have to carry their **** around with us. :confused:

Self opiniated, self serving, arrogant media "experts"

Left handed biros

Soaps and Reality programs..... in other words ITV :D

Just realised this just duplicates another thread so removed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom