Manics - Lifeblood

Ian182

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As a long-time Manics fan, I've gotta say I was seriously disappointed with the last album, Know Your Enemy.

So much so that I haven't bought Lifeblood yet, for fear of being similarly disappointed.

Has anyone bought it ?
If so, should I :

1 - Run across the road to Sainsburys and buy it immediately ?
2 - Put in on my Xmas list ?
3 - Not bother with it at all ?

Ian. :)

I discovered the Manics with 'Everything Must Go' which was brill, 'This Is My Truth...' was half good, half poor. I ignored Know Your Enemy as I heard bad reviews from everyone. I had a listen to Lifeblood in my local record shop and was pleasantly surprised. It is solid and alot of the songs are not so immediate, but after a few plays really get stuck in your head. I would recommend it :smashin:

Floodedstatue said:
I discovered the Manics with 'Everything Must Go' which was brill, 'This Is My Truth...' was half good, half poor. I ignored Know Your Enemy as I heard bad reviews from everyone. I had a listen to Lifeblood in my local record shop and was pleasantly surprised. It is solid and alot of the songs are not so immediate, but after a few plays really get stuck in your head. I would recommend it :smashin:

Try 'The Holy Bible' its good in a depressing sense.

Yeah I've always been tempted by The Holy Bible, but I've heard it's a bit of a depressing record. There is a Special Edition version coming out soon so I may be tempted :cool:

Holy Bible is a fantastic album, albeit very heavy listening.........

Generation Terrorists is also a must.

Think I'll stick Lifebood on my Xmas list :)

Ian.

Long time Manics fan and have all their albums. Know your enemy was poor and i feared the worst when i first heard Richard Nixon, however I have lifeblood and it hasn't been out of my CD player since, some stunning songs on there and i love the 80's synth vibe running through the core off most tracks. Recommended.

Oh and off to see them live at Glasgow in December.

Cheers Phil :)

Your Manics opinions seem to mirror mine, so I might pick it up at the weekend.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom