1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manics - Holy Bible 10th Anniversary edition

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Ian182, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Got this last week.

The Holy Bible was such an amazing album at the time, and still sounds fresh today.
    Highly recommend this to any Manics fans - comes with the original release of the album, the unreleased US mix and an 80 minute DVD of TV stuff, live stuff and an interview. The US mix of the album isn't as different as I thought it might be - some of the tracks sound more radio friendly, but otherwise it maintains its original, fascinating sound.
    DVD is good as well, and worth it for the "infamous" TOTP performance of Faster - has any band ever looked scarier, or cooler ?
    There are also some demos and radio sessions tagged onto the CDs, so for your money you get over 2 hours of music, and an 80 minute DVD.

Quality.

Ian.

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,728
    I got this last week and totally agree with your comments. I still find the album hardhitting and raw, and the US mix has to be compared on a track for track basis, Revol is just amazing on the US mix.
    The DVD is good value as well, however the audio mix on the Glast' footage is wrong, the guitar of Richie is too loud in the mix.

I was supposed to see them live on Tuesday at Glasgow but it was postponed until January, ah well something to look forward to after Xmas.

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,099
    i really want to buy this for a friend for christmas as i know she'll love it to bits being a huge manics fan, and with this being her favourite all time album, but she's flat out told me not to buy her anything..

4. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Haven't watched the Glastonbury and Reading bits yet Phil. I'll have a look at that tonight I think.
    Faster on TOTP is fantastic........teenyboppers leaping up and down to the Manics, those were the days ! And Vic and Bob looking vaguely scared :)
    I'd forgotten how fantastic they used to look (the Manics, not Vic and Bob :laugh: ).

Been a few years since I saw them live - we don't get big bands in Leeds anymore......... :mad:

Ian.