• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Maniac Cop (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 30/06/2014

Limited to 2,000 copies

10955500-1399637609-181985-jpg.481710

Attachments

• 10955500-1399637609-181985.jpg
    10955500-1399637609-181985.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 823
  • 10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

theblob

Prominent Member
And I recently sold off my slipbox version as it was my last remaining one. I was going to buy the new standard release but......

theblob

Prominent Member
Only a tenner for it but then I think I paid less. It was a slow seller and seemed to be available for £8 or less a lot of the time so I was happy with that.

I was never a massive fan of the big slipboxes anyway to be honest so it made even less sense keeping hold of just the one.

chancy007

Prominent Member
Not really a big fan of Maniac Cop it was like a B-Movie personally i thought it was a bit OTT.
Maniac Cop 2 was better
Maniac Cop 3 is just wrong and should have never been made :nono:

theblob

Prominent Member
Ordered! I'll think about whether to keep it later but probably.

Incidentally, the email says 'second of five extremely limited' Arrow steelbooks. I'm guessing Phenomena and Day of the Dead are two of them but did something else already go on sale?

chancy007

Prominent Member
I remember watching this when i was in school around 1990 when a class mate lent me it I think i remember the cheesy line that came with the trailer

" You have the right to remain silent..........Forever :D

Cheese on toast

theblob

Prominent Member
This 2 for £30 is going to do my head in.. some reordering to do! I'm guessing these haven't gone as quickly as expected. They should have just done them cheaper to begin with!

John W Creasy

Distinguished Member
This 2 for £30 is going to do my head in.. some reordering to do! I'm guessing these haven't gone as quickly as expected. They should have just done them cheaper to begin with!

Sub £10 I might bite, but nothing else after the last crappy fiasco with V for Vendetta

chancy007

Prominent Member
I thought most of us would have been at school then :)

1990 I was 9 years old in junior school, dont remember this film but do remember batman trading cards and not being able to see it because it was rated 15. :)

I was 14 and i had a bit of a business going at school lending my brothers VHS tapes out for a few quid to other kids i think my brother linked to VHS players together and copied them :D

Any way maniac cop 2 was better i thought good for it's time and a bit of a cult following but would not buy on steelbook. There is no guarantee that will release the other 2 films.

Look at Beverley Hills Cop !! Where are the sequels ???

Lateralusuk

Established Member
Got mine through today too. I really like the arrow steelbooks and this is another nice one to add to the collection

Out of interest what are the other 4 steelbooks in the limited edition 5 set? I'm sure it's mentioned in one of the other threads but want to make sure I've got them all ordered :)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Out of interest what are the other 4 steelbooks in the limited edition 5 set? I'm sure it's mentioned in one of the other threads but want to make sure I've got them all ordered :)

Think there was 6 in the end unless 1 of them isn't technically part of it, but with Maniac Cop there was Inferno, City of the Living Dead, Black Sunday, Day of the Dead and Phenomena. There was other Arrow announcements recently too, Killer Klowns and Shivers.

Edit: It was those 6 i mentioned :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom