1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manhunter Divimax??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Jul 9, 2003.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    i dont have any versions of this movie but want one,which ones best,the divimax one is available at movietyme for 9.99,is this a good version to get?

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The one I've got coming is the new Anchor Bay version, from DVD Soon.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +853
    ...which is actually the Divimax one.

The best version of Manhunter to get would be one that has both the theatrical and directors cut versions, which would be the recently released UK 2 disc set. It's the only way to get a remastered version of the directors cut (in 2.0 surround rather than mono), the theatrical version (in 5.1) plus all the extras - the theatrical version has all the featurettes/interviews etc, the directors cut has a commentary.

The original R1 2 disc set had both versions of the film but the dir.cut looked like vhs and just had mono sound and no commentary. So Anchor Bay have remastered it and added the same commentary that's on the R2 2 disc set but released it as a single disc. It should've been remastered in the first place before they released it the first time.

You can find the original UK single disc theatrical version of manhunter for less than £5 these days. Still a fine film, just a couple of minutes shorter with some good extras. The 2 disc set's the best way to get everything though.

I hope that's some help.