Manhatten T3.R Unresposive

jayvee44

Novice Member
My T3.R will turn on and off (showing green light and red light) but there is just a blank screen on my TV and no sound. Obviously, I've switched it to AV - tried everything from unplugging it, leaving it for a bit, all several times - but still nothing. I've had this recorder for sixteen months and been more than happy with it. No problems at all.
The problem occurred when, I think, I'd accidentally pressed one of the 'Viera' buttons on my Panasonic TV remote. This is something I have done several times with no ill effect - I simply just press the Exit or Back/Return button and everything is fine.
I imagine a reboot might sort out the problem, but can only do this if I had a 'screen' to work with. The recorder is apparently dead! .....Incidentally, the TV itself is working normally as long as the Manhatten is plugged in.
I've run out of ideas of what else I can do, so would really appreciate it if someone else might be able to advise me. Thank you

Gavtech

Administrator
Try unpowering the TV for a while too.

HDMI is a cruel interface with far too much controlling power and it can take against devices.

Leaving both devices unpowered, then repowering will reset the HDMI interface.

When you start up, start the TV first, before turning on the T3.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jayvee44

Novice Member
Try unpowering the TV for a while too.

HDMI is a cruel interface with far too much controlling power and it can take against devices.

Leaving the both devices unpowered, then repowering will reset the HDMI interface.

When you start up up, start the TV first, before turning on the T3.

Good luck.
Thank you very much, Gavtech for your prompt reply. .....
As it happened, since my post and before I saw yours, I decided to have another go at trying to solve the problem. In doing so, I scrolled down the HDMI list and discovered that I'd somehow switched to HDMI1 from HDMI3 (which is where it should be). ....As soon as I got to HDMI3 - lo and behold, it was all working again 😊 So I'm a happy bunny!! How I made that switch, I really don't know. A simple mistake with a simple solution (if you know what you've done). I shall be very careful in future.
Thank you once again for your help and advice, it's much appreciated. I shall make a note of what you said, for future reference - I might just need it one day 😊 👍

millfield

Jayvee44, appreciate you let everyone know that you solved it and how you solved it, pleased you are back up and running.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom