Manhattan TR3 has lost loads of recordings

AmyH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, last night we noticed that our Manhattan TR3 has lost all recordings on the hard drive before 8th March 2021. It currently said it has 88% of spae, it has a TB of memory and we've had it around a year so I can't imagine we filled it up yet. And in any case, I would imagine it would issue some kind of warning that the hard drive was full before wiping them? Anyone have any idea what might have caused this and if there's any chance of recovering what we've lost? Thanks!

Talk to Manhattan. However, you could also try the Debug menu. This is from memory, BTW. Go to Settings —> Help, then press red, blue, yellow, yellow, green on the remote. You should see extra options. One of them is for the hard drive. Look for an option which is something like rebuild hard drive recordings. I could be totally mis-recalling this. If so, then, as I suggested, contact Manhattan.

Hi @Clem_Dye thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the lateness responding! I did contact Manhattan, and they advised exactly the same as you with a software update to avoid the same issue again. It hasn't recovered everything but certainly better than before. So thanks again. Lovely cat by the way! :)

Talk to Manhattan. However, you could also try the Debug menu. This is from memory, BTW. Go to Settings —> Help, then press red, blue, yellow, yellow, green on the remote. You should see extra options. One of them is for the hard drive. Look for an option which is something like rebuild hard drive recordings. I could be totally mis-recalling this. If so, then, as I suggested, contact Manhattan.

Wow, is that a documented feature?

The debug features? No, but it’s the same access if you need to install debug software over the wire. There’s some interesting stuff buried in those hidden menus, but treat carefull!

Clem_Dye,

Thanks for your post. Our Manhattan T3R lost all it's recordings. By following your instructions to rebuild the hard drive recordings it recovered them all, plus all the ones that had been deleted. Saved me a phone call to Manhattan too.

The fact that you've had to go through this exercise suggests to me that the HDD might be getting a bit iffy. If the box is under warranty I'd flag the issue with Manhattan, just to see what they say. Drop an email to Kan -- he's a nice helpful guy, so is Alex, if you can get hold of him.

Wow, is that a documented feature?
The RC sequence is documented in that it's a known thing, but normally reserved for use by Manhattan bods. I know about it because last year I was helping Manhattan debug a problem that I was seeing. The RC sequence also allows you to get to the DD 5.1 audio lip sync setting, which is not normally available.

Clem_Dye,

You might be right. It's about 18 months old. The first box lasted less than a month and had to be sent back because of persistent failures to wake up from standby and numerous recording failures due to power failures which was nonsense, as there hadn't been any. I can't see a contact us email address on their site. Do you have one ?

Turned our tr3 on this evening and it has lost everything. Major panic! This little hack recovered it all :) Nice one.

Phantastic, .... Had the same problem, ...it is rebuilding all recordings now. Thank you a million.

My pleasure. Saves a call to Manhattan, if nothing else!

Hi @Clem_Dye thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the lateness responding! I did contact Manhattan, and they advised exactly the same as you with a software update to avoid the same issue again. It hasn't recovered everything but certainly better than before. So thanks again. Lovely cat by the way! :)
Turned on the T2R box this morning and discovered that all my recordings had disappeared and were not even in the trash folder. The stupid thing appeared to have formatted itself overnight! Came across your advice and just tried it and all of them have come back! Brilliant and many thanks!!👍👍🙂🙂

Hi my recordings where there on Sunday I watched one program ad the rest disappeared so I've done factory reset it is only recording on the day but the next day the recordings have gone what am I doing wrong

Hi my recordings where there on Sunday I watched one program ad the rest disappeared so I've done factory reset it is only recording on the day but the next day the recordings have gone what am I doing wrong
I don't think you're doing anything wrong as such - clearly the recordings should not disappear overnight and your box may be on the blink - but have you followed the advice in Post 2 above?

How do i recover a folder i deleted by mistake? Is there any way to retrieve programmes in Trash? Thank you.

How do i recover a folder i deleted by mistake? Is there any way to retrieve programmes in Trash? Thank you.
On a T3R? in the Recordings screen click the > arrow until you get to the Trash list, then move to the programme you want to retrieve and press OK to recover. instructions are on the screen if you get stuck

I've been reading various threads regarding the Manhattan T3-R and in particular regarding hard drive errors. I've finally swapped mine out for a Seagate BarraCuda ST2000LM015 2TB SATA 2.5" drive but found this sequence of events to help if you get the dreaded 'hard drive error - contact Manhattan' message.

First try a repower of the box
Second try a rebuild of the hard drive recordings - thanks to @Clem_Dye for the method involving the hidden menu.
Thirdly try a format of the hard drive - loses everything but lets you start again.

Sadly all these are just a stalling technique and the hard drive will need replacing if the problems persist.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom