Manhattan TR3 has lost loads of recordings

AmyH

Novice Member
Hi, last night we noticed that our Manhattan TR3 has lost all recordings on the hard drive before 8th March 2021. It currently said it has 88% of spae, it has a TB of memory and we've had it around a year so I can't imagine we filled it up yet. And in any case, I would imagine it would issue some kind of warning that the hard drive was full before wiping them? Anyone have any idea what might have caused this and if there's any chance of recovering what we've lost? Thanks!

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Talk to Manhattan. However, you could also try the Debug menu. This is from memory, BTW. Go to Settings —> Help, then press red, blue, yellow, yellow, green on the remote. You should see extra options. One of them is for the hard drive. Look for an option which is something like rebuild hard drive recordings. I could be totally mis-recalling this. If so, then, as I suggested, contact Manhattan.

AmyH

Novice Member
Hi @Clem_Dye thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the lateness responding! I did contact Manhattan, and they advised exactly the same as you with a software update to avoid the same issue again. It hasn't recovered everything but certainly better than before. So thanks again. Lovely cat by the way! :)

Xenomorph

Talk to Manhattan. However, you could also try the Debug menu. This is from memory, BTW. Go to Settings —> Help, then press red, blue, yellow, yellow, green on the remote. You should see extra options. One of them is for the hard drive. Look for an option which is something like rebuild hard drive recordings. I could be totally mis-recalling this. If so, then, as I suggested, contact Manhattan.

Wow, is that a documented feature?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The debug features? No, but it’s the same access if you need to install debug software over the wire. There’s some interesting stuff buried in those hidden menus, but treat carefull!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom