Manhattan T3R Plug problem

jtfab75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I installed this this morning all is well except the power plug is too big. I have a 8 gang extension lead and the plug covers one of the other sockets so making It a 7 gang extension lead. I‘ve contacted Manhattan but they can’t help.
Anyone know where I can get the right amp/voltage plug that is smaller or configured differently please. Thanks

Attachments

• 41ABA52F-BAB6-4439-974B-954BD24C9586.jpeg
    41ABA52F-BAB6-4439-974B-954BD24C9586.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 68
Using a generic 3rd party power plug sounds risky to me and may invalidate your warranty.

A double extension plug like this might solve your problem (provided there's enough room for it's slightly larger width) as it looks like it should raise the height such that a conventional plug (like the your TV or Sonos plug) would fit opposite and underneath.

While it's generally not advisable to plug extensions into other extensions, I can't personally see anything wrong with using something like that in this case, provided the 8-way extension is being used for AV or related equipment and not hairdryers, heaters (etc), plus as the extra position wouldn't be usable, you wouldn't actually be adding an additional socket anyway.

It looks possible that plugging it into the one which is covered in the photo (next to the Panasonic) might make the one it is plugged into (next to TV) accessible.

Wall warts are annoying. I have a similar situation with my Panasonic UB450 PSU. The cable exits from the side, which means that it can only ever be used at the right end of a power strip.

Coming back to the T3-R, I can’t say that its PSU is too big. Mine plays nicely in my Sounds Fantastic power strip. Could you shuffle the other plugs around? What about using a socket doubler as suggested by @mikej to effectively raise the wall wart clear of the other plugs? I use a couple of these to jig things around as I have 10 devices that I need to power.

Last edited:
I got a 1 gang , 0.25 metre extension. Thanks for the advice !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 48

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom