Manhattan T3-R

GrumpyOldLadyc

Novice Member
I recently purchased a T3-R and am very happy with it apart from one niggle. When recording a film some channels will record the said film in 2 parts because there is a 5min or so channel update on latest news, films etc. It doesn't record this "update" but puts the film into 2 parts. This is my 3rd ever freeview recorder (first Manhattan) and I've never had this before. Manhattan says it is a broadcaster issue and nothing they can do. Maybe I should have stuck with Panasonic. Anybody else have this issue?

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I recently purchased a T3-R and am very happy with it apart from one niggle. When recording a film some channels will record the said film in 2 parts because there is a 5min or so channel update on latest news, films etc. It doesn't record this "update" but puts the film into 2 parts. This is my 3rd ever freeview recorder (first Manhattan) and I've never had this before. Manhattan says it is a broadcaster issue and nothing they can do. Maybe I should have stuck with Panasonic. Anybody else have this issue?
While it might not be ideal, at least it gets all the film. Early (PDC) recorders often failed to do the second part!

That both bits record and the 'intermission' event doesn't proves the broadcaster has got the Accurate Record CRIDs and event flags spot on.

I'd expect, if I ever recorded such a film, for both parts to be placed in one 'folder' on my Humax. I'd not expect the two to be joined as (effectively) one single TS file. I can't recall ever recording one... certainly not recently, so can't be sure.

But no - how the PVR handles, labels and files the split-parter is entirely down to how the manufacturers interpret the specification and decide to implement it.

Richardxx

If I recall correctly my Humax 5000 produced 2 separate files but played the 2nd part automatically when part 1 finished. The T3-R puts the two files in one folder, with no auto start, but it is just a matter of stopping one and starting the second, not a deal breaker for me but we all have different prorities.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
My Panasonic records in two parts. Haven’t seen this on my T3-R yet. The software in the Humax box is perhaps a little more smart when it comes to this sort of thing. Why not contact Manhattan to see what they say?

GrumpyOldLadyc

Novice Member
My Panasonic records in two parts. Haven’t seen this on my T3-R yet. The software in the Humax box is perhaps a little more smart when it comes to this sort of thing. Why not contact Manhattan to see what they say?
Hi. Manhatta say its down to the broadcasters and nothing they can do. Thanks for your reply.

GrumpyOldLadyc

Novice Member
If I recall correctly my Humax 5000 produced 2 separate files but played the 2nd part automatically when part 1 finished. The T3-R puts the two files in one folder, with no auto start, but it is just a matter of stopping one and starting the second, not a deal breaker for me but we all have different prorities.
While it might not be ideal, at least it gets all the film. Early (PDC) recorders often failed to do the second part!

That both bits record and the 'intermission' event doesn't proves the broadcaster has got the Accurate Record CRIDs and event flags spot on.

I'd expect, if I ever recorded such a film, for both parts to be placed in one 'folder' on my Humax. I'd not expect the two to be joined as (effectively) one single TS file. I can't recall ever recording one... certainly not recently, so can't be sure.

But no - how the PVR handles, labels and files the split-parter is entirely down to how the manufacturers interpret the specification and decide to implement it.
Interesting, thanks for the reply.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
That might be true, but if Humax kit can combine the bits, or at least play a split recording seamlessly, why not Manhattan? I’d go back to them and point this out, and request that they consider it in a future firmware update. No harm in asking!

Richardxx

That might be true, but if Humax kit can combine the bits, or at least play a split recording seamlessly, why not Manhattan? I’d go back to them and point this out, and request that they consider it in a future firmware update. No harm in asking!
Good question. Although in practise the Humax 5000 was so slow at doing anything else it was a small +

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom